Product Manager II, Workflow Automation
Flexport’s mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. To achieve this goal, the Application Platform team creates products to empower other Flexport teams to effectively develop applications. We are building innovative products that will make an unprecedented impact on the freight forwarding business.
As a Product Manager for Workflow Automation, you will develop and execute a roadmap to help us build products that automate tasks and configure business rules for global trade. Today, Flexport's cost to serve our customers is high because we have too many manual processes. Simple tasks like updating a document’s status, managing shipper invoices and sending customer surveys take time from our people. Your products will lead to higher operational efficiencies and faster product innovation that will help us achieve our vision of a global trade platform.
- Own and deliver complex features and products that improve the end-to-end customer experience
- Inspire and lead cross functional teams of engineers, product managers, designers, data analysts, and domain experts
- Participate in research and user discovery with internal product teams and external partners
- Become a domain expert, deeply understanding Flexport’s systems and the trade landscape to solve real problems with technology
- Work with teams across China and United States
You should have:
- Must have 3 to 5 years experience as a Product Manager, preferably within a startup environment
- Crystal clear communication and presentation skills
- Ability to manage multiple stakeholders and build consensus
- Ability to manage a complex set of products at different stages of their lifecycle
- Experience driving impact through cross-functional leadership
- Eagerness to elevate the Product Management team by mentoring others
- Bonus: Logistics or a SaaS Mid-Market / Enterprise Product experience
We believe trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easy for everyone. Flexport is building the platform for global logistics, empowering buyers, sellers and their logistics partners with the technology and services to grow and innovate. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $10B of merchandise across 112 countries every year.
Worried about not having any logistics experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why it’s important to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.