Senior Ocean Freight Fulfillment Associate
Our Ocean Freight Team is essential to winning new business, supporting all current business, and building out the future of Flexport’s ocean services. As a Senior Ocean Freight Fulfillment Associate, you’ll be an integral part of helping achieve Flexport’s growth goals.
We’re looking for a team member based in our Shenzhen office, responsible for different trades that we are focusing on. Candidates will need to have a passion for ocean freight and ability to work with parties across different parts of the organization.
What you’ll do:
Be an operational leader:
- Manage soft and hard allocation with carriers, prepare forecast and secure space for our clients;
- Fully protect all LCL and FCL trial shipments without any rollover by providing space protection lists to the carriers;
- Assign daily schedules to partners by running the FMT, continue to provide carrier solution to partner / squad within 24 hours after CRD confirmed with FMT (currently covering PRS only);
- FMT data maintenance including allocation, cut-off, blank sailing...
- Provide appropriate solutions / response upon the requests from squads, not limited to emails, slack;
- Manage rollover list submission if necessary;
- Works with procurement team for contract related issue;
- Monitor forecast vs utilization (actual loadings) against carriers and minimize shortfall;
- FMT function enhancement if necessary;
- Maintain and develop long term relationship with carriers;
- Monitor and coach team’s performance to achieve OKRs;
What you’ll need:
- BA/BS degree with a strong track record of success
- Minimum 5 years of experience at a startup, top consulting firm, an NVOCC pricing, procurement or operations team or in a supply-chain role, hands on experience of Transpacific trade is a plus; also open to candidates from other industries as well. We are trying to diversify our team!
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- An obsession with client happiness. You succeed when they succeed
- Next-level attention to detail
- Courage to challenge the status quo when logic and reason require it. See something broken? Fix it!
- The intellectual horsepower to become an expert on international trade in a matter of weeks
- A mastery of email communication. You keep the inbox at zero
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.