Craft the Flexport story to connect clients with our business
We are looking for a Technical Project Manager to manage the engineering work behind Flexport’s web presence and growth motions. You will work most closely with our Growth Marketing and Global Brand teams on our Flexport.com site, but also support Recruiting, Sales, and Legal for all their web development needs. You will be responsible for keeping the software development cycle on track: meet with stakeholders to define requirements, manage the roadmap, communicate progress, and manage the 3rd party software tools that power it all.
- Work with business stakeholders to understand and document business requirements
- Create product requirements for engineers which are informed by our site infrastructure and tooling and also fulfill business needs
- Prioritize a roadmap and plan engineering sprints to ensure timely completion of tasks
- Lead the team through QA, bug fixes, prioritization changes/pivots, and reset stakeholder expectations on delivery dates
- Manage vendor relationships as needed
- Lead key aspects of team development including; stand-ups, backlog grooming, and stakeholder reviews
- Communicate team performance with business counterparts and other internal software teams
You should have:
- Strong communication, organization, and time management skills
- A familiarity with basic website architecture concepts, website production, and web management tools
- Experience in digital project management and working with cross-functional teams on websites, microsites, and landing pages in an agency or in-house environment
- Experience delivering under deadlines and in a fast-paced environment
- Basic understanding of software development lifecycle and how to collaborate with developers
- Comfort with making data-driven decisions and using analytics tools (e.g. Amplitude, GA, Looker)
We believe trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easy for everyone. Flexport is building the platform for global logistics, empowering buyers, sellers and their logistics partners with the technology and services to grow and innovate. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $10B of merchandise across 112 countries every year.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why it’s important to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.