Exciting Opportunity to Help Make Global Trade Easier
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. We are a licensed freight forwarder and customs brokerage built around a modern technology stack. We help some of the world's fastest growing brands manage their international supply chains, providing a fully-managed service for moving products between any two places on the planet.
As a result of our global expansion, we're looking to hire someone into Program Management as part of our Data Services team. This role will work in a cross-functional environment, partnering closely with the customs organization, data services, the partners team and other teams across the company to achieve our shared goals. You’ll get substantial leadership exposure, focus on the highest priority business issues, and be plugged into every facet of the business.
What you’ll do:
- Own end-to-end process architecture, data analysis, workflow-tool-creation, maintenance and KPIs management for a Data Services Line-of-Business, coordinating across BPO, COE and Flexport ops teams (ie Customs, SCOPs, etc).
- Design, audit and continuously improve data services’ SOPs for new process, applying Data Services’ methodology and playbook; Train the Data Services team on these processes
- Define and improve performance metrics (KPIs, SLAs) used to measure Data Services performance consistently across the globe
- Build and iterate (automated) dashboards and reports tracking BPO and internal teams process performance
- Continuously identify gaps and develop solutions focused on process standardization for both operations team and BPO providers
- Be the connection in our matrix reporting structure between the horizontal Trade, Finance and Freight organizations and vertical Data Services Centers of Excellence (COEs) and Business Process Outsourcers (BPO).
- Drive decomposition of complex processes into simpler components, helping reduce cost to serve and improve performance
- Closely partner with Makers to continuously drive automation of insourced scope
What you’ll need:
- Strong data analytics; SQL knowledge preferred
- Passion for process + tooling development
- Proven ability to design workflows and implement them at scale, including SOP creation, workflow tool creation, training and troubleshooting
- Ability to influence without official authority, particularly with senior stakeholders across the organization
- Thorough understanding of the organization, and of differences between our customs & supply chain operations in different regions
- Ability to multi-task and manage various project elements simultaneously;
- Ability to lead and direct the work of others;
- Proven ability to thrive in a multicultural environment, and deeply understand differences of doing business in different regions
- Strong influencing skills to impact the work of different departments
- A system and process oriented mindset;
- World class follow through skills;
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills;
- Courage to challenge the status quo when logic and reason require it.See something broken? Fix it;
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.