Exciting Opportunity to Help Make Global Trade Easier
Flexport is on a mission to fix the user experience in Global Trade. We are the first licensed freight forwarder and customs brokerage built around a modern tech stack. We help the world's fastest-growing brands manage their international supply chains, providing a fully-managed service for moving products between any two places on the planet.
Started in 2013, we've raised $204M from investors that include Peter Thiel’s Founders Fund, Google Ventures, First Round Capital, Bloomberg Beta, Y Combinator, & Wells Fargo.
Data and information is the foundation upon which Flexport builds its business and transforms the freight industry. Our Data Services Team helps Flexport deliver the accuracy and insight that represent value to our clients while working in a team to learn the business of moving freight.
As a Global Data Services Manager, you’ll be leading our Global Trade Coordinators. The Data Services team provides an optimized and streamlined process for client data and customs.
What you'll do:
- Build a strong Data Services team
- Provide leadership and direction to a high-performance team, including hiring, training, and leading
- Innovative and creative ways to drive performance
- Collaborate with management cohort to ensure a standardized experience for internal and external clients
- Facilitate one on ones on a regular cadence
- Stakeholder management
- Process Architecture
What you'll need:
- BA/BS degree with 4+ years of work experience
- Leadership experience, whether through direct management, mentorship, or projects is required
- Ability to create innovative and creative ways to drive performance
- Able to coach employees to achieve results; needs to be able to have patience in seeing the success of your employees
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Next-level attention to detail and follow-through.
- Courage to challenge the status quo when logic and reason require it. See something broken? Fix it.
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.