We are reinventing global trade.
Flexport helps more than 10,000 clients and suppliers lead all aspects of their supply chain operations. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B from investors that include the Founders Fund, Google Ventures, First Round Capital, Bloomberg Beta, Y Combinator, Wells Fargo, & Softbank.
With offices on three continents, our team is as global as our client base and we’re excited to continue building a product and service they love. Wherever you are, whichever role you play, you’re guaranteed to share your day with committed, encouraging, and resourceful team members.
Flexport is looking for Tech Ops Manager to help Flexport establish itself as the most trusted company in the global trade ecosystem. As Tech Ops Manager, you are responsible for building and maintaining resilient systems infrastructure in a cloud-only environment, administering SaaS & Client platform technologies. You have expertise in Linux administration, SaaS administration including GSuite, O365, SSO, AD, etc, as well as Client Platforms including Mac, Windows. You have experience building monitoring & reporting capabilities in global environments and are passionate about streamlining & automating tasks throughout lifecycle.
What you’ll do:
- Partner with IT, Security, and Engineering teams to develop, deploy, and maintain secure system infrastructure, SaaS ecosystem & Client Platforms aligned to internal standards and current best practices.
- Drive a culture of change management that prioritizes planning, documentation, testing and communications to eliminate unplanned downtime.
- Enable observability, configuration, and patch management across all IT infrastructure.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date runbooks for systems infrastructure, SaaS ecosystems and ensure structured patch management framework for client platforms.
- Coordinate regular knowledge sharing sessions with global IT teams to ensure consistency in support and administration of enterprise systems.
- Define and document governance strategies, procedures, network and data flow diagrams.
- Participate in on-call incident response rotation.
What you’ll need:
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills.
- 5-8+ years of system engineering experience in a fast-paced global environment.
- 5+ years of experience and expert level knowledge in maintaining Linux systems and open-source services.
- 3+ years of experience with administration of collaboration & communication technologies such as GSuite, O365, Slacks etc
- 3+ years of experience administering SSO, AD as well as Client Platforms such as Mac, Windows etc
- Strong working knowledge of cloud and traditional network concepts and services, such as, OSI layers, TCP/IP, static and dynamic routing, packet filtering and analysis.
- Strong experience with AWS IAM, secrets management, and PKI.
- Experience with Kubernetes and migrating traditional servers to containers is a plus!
- Excellence in problem-solving, strategic thinking, and collaboration with cross-functional teams.
- Ability to work with a diverse, and globally distributed team.
Culture & Values
- Learn more at www.keyvalues.com/flexport
Where you’ll work:
Our flagship office is on Market Street in San Francisco, but we also have engineering teams working out of our locations in Atlanta, Seattle, and Chicago. Remote work is also possible from CA, CO, DC, FL, GA, IL, NJ, NY, OR, PA, TX, VA, WA. As a truly global company, we don’t let geography slow us down. We rotate hack-a-thons and move Flexporters all around the world.
Investing your time with Flexport means having immediate impact, all over the world. You’re empowered to do what’s best for everyone and trusted to make the right decisions when and where you need them. Join our collective of entrepreneurs and improve the world’s experience in global trade.
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.