This individual is a self-starter that is responsible for owning new business opportunities in the full truckload space. They are the main quoting point of contact for operations and trucking partners. Key responsibilities include focusing on lane development and new service offerings such as alternative and adjacent trucking services. They also serve as industry experts that are knowledgeable about the trends in full truck load shipping as well as strategies to avoid loss drivers.
- Execute on regional truckload strategy, ensuring healthy growth within their markets, execute carrier and market strategy, negotiate carrier contracts
- Develop and manage carrier partnerships, Maintain, manage, and be key growth contact for trucking partner relationships with your market.
- Procure and negotiate rates for their markets, maintain competitive spot and contract rates
- Own pricing strategy and drive net revenue within their region, provide markup and sell rate guidance
- Establish Regular Market updates as the regional truckload expert, leading enablement with an in depth understanding of the local market nuances and conditions
- Client solutions & account support, support demand in winning new business, including attending client meetings and QBR’s
- Lead sales enablement efforts, build collateral, lead client demo’s and drive FTL marketing efforts for their regions
You Should Have:
- BA/BS degree and/or 3+ years of experience in relevant freight forwarding, transportation or supply chain roles
- Knowledge of product and technology within the industry
- Experience with regards to imports and/or exports from a sales, operational or procurement perspective.
- Experience building and maintaining relationships and partnerships with vendors
- Analytical skills and metric / data based approach to solving problems
- Strong analytical background and knowledge of analytical tools (Excel, etc)
- Strategic vision and ground floor execution
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
We believe trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easy for everyone. Flexport is building the platform for global logistics, empowering buyers, sellers and their logistics partners with the technology and services to grow and innovate. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $10B of merchandise across 112 countries every year.