Flexport helps more than 10,000 clients and suppliers lead all aspects of their supply chain operations. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B from investors that include the Founders Fund, Google Ventures, First Round Capital, Bloomberg Beta, Y Combinator, Wells Fargo, & Softbank.
Flexport’s marketing team is responsible for crafting the brand story and positioning as well as generating the leads that have led Flexport to become the 8th fastest growing company in the United States.
Growth engineers at Flexport collaborate with brand design, marketing, and product to build scalable, responsive, and compelling user experiences. The growth team is responsible for a client’s first interaction with Flexport, as well as building a platform to drive user acquisition and freight volume. You’ll be joining a team that delivers high quality software to make Flexport’s web presence best-in-class.
- Work at the intersection of Marketing and Engineering.
- Build, own, and maintain all public-facing Flexport web properties - including Flexport.com, Flexport.org, the Flexport blog, digital content experiences, and performance advertising landing pages.
- Collaborate with brand design, product marketing, content, and demand gen to build an engaging Flexport brand experience.
You should have:
- Comfortable with at least one of the modern JS frameworks (React, Vue, Next.js, Node, etc.)
- Good knowledge of CSS
- Systematic thinker (consider how components can scale across our site)
- Motivated and excited about building the face of our brand and user acquisition efforts
- Ability to translate digital designs into functional, elegant, to-spec pages that realize the intended aesthetic and user experience
- Ability to ideate and add creative value to the user experience when implementing design
- Strength in cross-functional collaboration with design, product, and business
- Basic understanding of principles that drive SEO
You've worked with:
- Design systems
- Marketo, Pardot, or other marketing software
- Google Tag Manager/Analytics
Bonus points if you’ve worked with:
- Web performance (time-to-interactive, dependencies, wasted renders)
- Front-end build/deployment process (Webpack, Babel)
- Headless CMS (Contentful)
Our continuous releases are integrated with Buildkite and Github. On the frontend, we create our views with React, manage the flow of data with GraphQL/Relay, and test our application with Jest. On the backend, we’re in the process of decoupling our monolithic Rails app and introducing services using other languages, such as Java, Node.js and Go. Our data is persisted in mostly Postgres and Redis. Our stack is hosted on AWS using Docker.
Engineering Culture and Values:
Check out our Key Values profile.
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.