Senior Technical Program Manager
Build the platform that powers global trade
Flexport helps more than 10,000 clients and suppliers lead all aspects of their supply chain operations. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B from investors that include SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator.
We're looking for a Senior Technical Program Manager to help develop technology products that are at the forefront of reshaping the logistics industry. You will help implement a technology roadmap that addresses the product needs of the logistics business in the European Union and beyond. You’ll have the opportunity to reshape an industry by creating the new operating system for global trade.
More specifically, you will partner closely with our European business teams to understand their technology needs and collaborate with product engineering teams around the world (North America, Europe and Asia) to build a technology roadmap for the EU business. You will then partner with product and engineering teams to track and implement these capabilities and with business teams to develop launch strategies. You will work closely with business teams to measure the impact of products as well as help these teams adopt products successfully.
- Partner with global Engineering, Product and Business stakeholders to orchestrate the delivery of key initiatives in the EU.
- Drive cross-functional team planning and development activities to ensure program tasks can complete on-time and manage constraints around resources, scope and quality
- Clarify questions/ambiguities in product requirements & close out interpretation gaps before requirements are translated into Epics (Features) or User Stories. Facilitate the gathering of technical requirements
- Identify and manage cross-team technology dependencies and align teams on roadmaps to ensure timely delivery of initiatives.
- Build and manage program plans, Jira dashboards, measure and track programs from concept to delivery.
- Manage reporting. Provide transparency and communication to key stakeholders around program status, risks and change management
- Proactively identify and remove blockers for the product and engineering teams, and manage stakeholder expectations
- Understand technology architecture of the solution, analyze data to identify root causes and partner closely with engineers to QA solutions when needed to help resolve technical impediments
- Ensure that software development & Continuous integration/Continuous delivery guidelines (Code Reviews, Unit Tests, Code Coverage) and any other compliance requirements are followed.
- Facilitate ongoing discussions, decision making, and conflict resolution. Determine people, process or technical solutions to address issues.
- Coach/mentor new teams on scrum agile processes and establish process and tools for agile execution
What do you bring to the table:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related discipline with 10+ years in software development that includes 5+ years of related technical program management experience
- Experience program managing large-scale, cross-functional programs related to enterprise systems, API integrations, cloud managed services
- Strong in agile/scrum processes, project/program planning, organization and time management
- Strong understanding of technology architecture concepts, software & product development.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills for engineering and product teams as well as for business and executive teams
Bonus points if you have:
- You have worked in logistics or SaaS Mid-Market / Enterprise product
- Relevant working experience in software platforms
- Experience working with Jira/Confluence
- Experience with planning functions of Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
Don't tick all the boxes? Don't worry! We love to hear from a diverse range of potential candidates.
Our continuous releases are integrated with Buildkite and Github. On the frontend, we create our views with React, manage the flow of data with GraphQL/Relay, and test our application with Jest. On the backend, we’re in the process of decoupling our monolithic Rails app. We have introduced a few network isolated services using other languages, such as Java and Clojure. Our data is persisted in Postgres and Redis. Our stack is hosted on AWS using Docker.
Engineering Culture and Values:
Check out our Key Values profile here.