Flexport helps more than 10,000 clients and suppliers lead all aspects of their supply chain operations. Each of these customers faces significant working capital burdens that hamper their ability to grow their businesses. Over the past two years, Flexport Capital has provided over $200 million in loans to Flexport customers to address these needs, and we’re just getting started. As a start-up within a start-up, we are growing while building the foundations for long-term success, and having fun while doing it.
We are seeking an entrepreneurial, operations-focused, and data-driven individual to join our tight-knit team. They will own operations and analytics for the entire loan portfolio and serve as an operational backbone of Flexport Capital. Due to the early-stage nature of the Flexport Capital business, they will also have a key role leading and executing operational strategic projects related to existing and new products. The ideal candidate will be excited to roll up their sleeves and fill the gap where needed, while being bold enough to initiate change and have the candor to speak their minds to help drive innovation in the exciting world of trade finance.
- Lead and manage a team of 2 Operations Analysts/Associates
- Monitor production metrics of the team on a daily basis, holding team members accountable for service-level adherence and process conformance
- Oversee daily lending operations, focusing on setting high standards for operational excellence and exceptional client satisfaction
- Manage Flexport Capital’s data and reporting environment, coordinating with Data Analytics team to track business performance
- Liaise with Finance, Legal, Compliance, Product, Sales, and Client Solutions stakeholders to gather feedback and implement process improvements
- Develop a roadmap of improvement projects, including operationalizing new products
You should have:
- 5+ years of experience in an operations role at a tech startup, consumer/retail or logistics/supply chain company OR 5+ years experience in management consulting, advisory or accounting firm
- BA/BS required; undergraduate degree in Accounting, Business, Economics, or Finance preferred; MBA is a plus
- Strong leadership, organizational, and communication skills
- Strong attention to detail, balancing both accuracy and efficiency
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a team
- Ability to lead cross-functional initiatives and collaborate across business lines
- Next-level communication skills and empathy to discover pain points and build solutions to improve the customer experience
- Experience identifying and driving improvements to processes by engaging with different functions throughout the company
- Courage to challenge the status quo and improve existing processes and procedures
- Ability to adapt to rapid changes typical of a start-up
- Software/systems implementation experience is a plus
- Strong technical skills – Excel and SQL (or aptitude to learn)
We believe trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easy for everyone. Flexport is building the platform for global logistics, empowering buyers, sellers and their logistics partners with the technology and services to grow and innovate. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $10B of merchandise across 112 countries every year.
Worried about not having any logistics experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why it’s important to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.