We're looking for a motivated Credit Analyst to join our growing lending platform.
Flexport Capital brings a transformative new model to financing global trade. Our goal is to help companies unlock liquidity in their global supply chain, and keep trade flowing. Flexport Capital leans on the unique advantages offered by our global logistics platform to drive superior credit performance.
We are looking for an talented individual with working capital lending experience in the small and medium enterprises segment. A successful Credit Analyst will have strong credit fundamentals, be able to optimize between risk and rewards, and keep focus on the big picture. The candidate must be ready to take full ownership of the portfolio, act with a sense of urgency, and do whatever it takes to help drive the growth of the lending platform. The ideal candidate should be excited about the innovations happening in global trade and trade finance, and be able to contribute both at the deal level and from a strategic perspective.
- Own the credit risk of your client portfolio, underwrite daily deal flow, monitor on-going credit performance, and engage in risk mitigations where necessary
- Structure innovative trade finance products and transactions, and build the underlying capabilities to bring these products to life
- Work on credit underwriting and risk management capabilities to help improve our risk management and decision quality
- Learn about trade finance and work with an top notch team of go-getters all driving towards a common vision: helping drive innovations in financing global trade
You should have:
- 2-3 years of experience underwriting small and medium sized businesses and structuring credit transactions (both secured and unsecured)
- Experience managing a portfolio of clients, leading in credit reviews, workouts and collections
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High attention to detail with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience in data analytics (i.e. SQL, Tableau, Looker)
- Highly consultative attitude to help drive product and process improvements
We believe trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easy for everyone. Flexport is building the platform for global logistics, empowering buyers, sellers and their logistics partners with the technology and services to grow and innovate. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $10B of merchandise across 112 countries every year.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why it’s important to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.