Build and support the systems, tools, and infrastructure to help Flexport grow.
Flexport is looking for an IT Support Engineer who is passionate about providing an amazing customer experience while delivering outstanding technical support. Our team works cross-functionally with our partners in IT Operations Engineering, IT TechOps, Security, People Ops, and other teams to coordinate work, handle ticket escalations and resolve issues. We onboard new employees, provision new hardware, provide hands-on support, and adhere to security standards for all Flexport employees globally. Ultimately we are responsible for supporting Flexport around the world, in over 12 offices in 6 different countries.
You will be a customer service and support evangelist, assisting our customers via in-person walk-up, support ticket, email, or chat as needed. You will work closely with IT staff to maintain IT support documentation, manage multiple IT queues and help to handle ticket escalations from our global IT Support team. You love building relationships with customers, business partners, and IT team members alike. You are passionate about IT end-user support, have an excellent background in Mac software, hardware troubleshooting, and are hungry to learn/grow in an Enterprise IT environment.
- Perform hardware repairs, upgrades, migrations, and resolve problems in a timely manner or escalate on behalf of customers to senior technical staff. You will also need to travel to support our distributed offices and locations while supporting endpoint security standards (antivirus/firewall/patching/two-factor authentication).
- Handle system access and maintain user accounts, passwords, data integrity & security while assisting with the on-boarding process, prepping and deploying systems, while leading our new hire orientation. All while managing the asset life cycle process, maintaining hardware inventory, accurate cycle counts, and decommissioning processes.
- Help to evaluate hardware and software solutions and participate in IT projects
You should have:
- Experience in providing technical support in an Enterprise environment and a love for solving problems with a high level of professionalism and passion for customer service. Comfort in working with and supporting all levels of an organization, up to and including company executives. Enthusiasm and desire to learn and continuously develop your technical skills with an appreciation of the details, including maintaining and updating IT documentation and procedures.
- Extensive experience in documenting the status of cases and providing updates to customers, the global IT team, and leadership. With an understanding of the importance of inventory management, the asset lifecycle, and how to maintain an organized help desk.
- Past experience in being a part of both a global and local team and a love of standardization and an understanding that consistency and adherence to best practices will help any organization scale.
What You’ll Need:
- Minimum 2 - 5 years experience in IT Support in a professional environment
- Experience using and managing ticket-based enterprise workflow management systems, particularly JIRA and other Atlassian products.
- Strong customer service, problem-solving, and teamwork abilities
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Extensive Technical knowledge of MacOS, 10.12.x, 10.13.x, 10.14.x, iOS, and Android
- Advanced knowledge of Windows 10
- Network fundamentals (laptop connectivity, VPN, printing)
- Experience administering GSuite for Enterprise (Gmail, GCal, GDocs, etc)
- Experience with video conferencing solutions and support (Zoom, BlueJeans, G-Meet, MS Team)
- Experience with VOIP systems (RingCentral, Dialpad, hangouts etc.)
- Ability to participate in an on-call rotation that includes after-hours and weekend support
- Willingness to travel to Flexport offices around the world
- Some heavy lifting required
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital, and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
Don’t be! Many of us were once in your shoes.
Global trade is an infinitely fascinating but highly complex industry, where purchasing decisions are made every day rather than on an annually recurring basis. Don’t worry, you won’t need to become the world’s expert on ocean freight (we already hired that guy). We’ll look to you to apply your deep understanding of our key audiences, the funnel, and how to meet a digitally connected audience where they are.
It’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move this industry forward. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.