We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easy for everyone.
Flexport is looking for a Community & Events Associate to join the Brand team. This team is responsible for building long-term brand value for Flexport through great, insightful experiences. In this role, you’ll support three key programs: webinars, events and social media.
Initially, the majority of your time will be spent on webinars, one of our most successful and visible programs. You will work closely with teammates in Brand, Growth and Sales as well as subject matter experts across the company to put together compelling conversations that help make sense of global trade.
Beyond webinars, our annual flagship event is our user conference FORWARD. FWD is a cross-team lift and our moment to shine. As Community & Events Associate, you’ll be an integral part in making FWD a success.
Lastly, you will support the team on developing engaging social media content, scheduling and posting, and optimizing what we share, when and how.
We’re looking for a highly organized self-starter who’s ready to punch above their weight and be an active player on the Brand team.
- Own day-to-day management of the webinar program to ensure it runs smoothly. Tasks will include scheduling, coordination with Creative and Comms teams, producing webinar related materials, driving attendance through Flexport.com, email and our social channels, keeping internal stakeholders up to date, and reporting out on the program’s success
- Maintain and manage an up-to-date calendar of events, including virtual and in-person events and advise the larger team on optimal scheduling
- Support the constant evolution of our webinar program and develop smarter processes, use of technology, and ways of partnering.
- Help develop engaging social media content in partnership with Creative, optimized for sharing through Flexport’s own channels as well as through employee social networks. You’ll learn what works best and find ways to optimize for reach and brand authenticity.
- Provide a fresh pair of eyes on our current operations including resources, processes, and technology, and share smart recommendations on how to improve.
You should have:
- 2+ years experience in a program management, project management or marketing operations
- General understanding of marketing technologies, specifically Salesforce, Pardot and the role of webinar tech in modern marketing systems. Bonus points for experience with Bambu, Welcome and Splash.
- Experience in thinking in solutions and identifying areas for process improvements and standardization
- Trained people outside of marketing or brand teams on marketing tools, translating features into benefits that resonate with them.
- Strong communication skills that let you clearly convey the success and learnings of your programs to a broad set of stakeholders, including executives.
We believe trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easy for everyone. Flexport is building the platform for global logistics, empowering buyers, sellers and their logistics partners with the technology and services to grow and innovate. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $10B of merchandise across 112 countries every year.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why it’s important to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.