Support Flexport's leadership team.
We're looking for a Senior Executive Assistant to support our CFO in our growing Dallas office. Flexport continues to experience dramatic growth in all of our teams. You will be responsible for ensuring the schedule is optimized as well as performing research and writing summary briefs for the office of the CFO.
You will manage complicated internal and external meetings and domestic and global travel schedules. This role will support and resolve administrative problems by coordinating preparation of reports, and helping to identify and implement solutions, as appropriate. Additionally, this role will ensure that leaders are prepared for all meetings, including compiling briefing documents for meetings, interviews, and company events.
- Manage complicated internal and external meetings and domestic and global travel schedules
- Ensure the CFO is prepared for all meetings, conducting research where necessary and compiling briefing documents for meetings, interviews, etc.
- Resolve administrative problems by coordinating preparation of reports, analyzing data, and identifying solutions
- Handle confidential and non-routine information and facilitate communication between appropriate departments
- Conserve the team's time by reading, researching, and routing correspondence; drafting emails, letters and documents; collecting and analyzing information; initiating telecommunications; and assisting with presentations
- Attend team meetings as needed, taking notes and providing follow-up on action items
- Maintain confidentiality and protect operations by having a high level of discretion
- Anticipate the needs of our CFO and his leadership team. Plan ahead and be resourceful.
- Work alongside the CFO’s leadership team, partnering to ensure information flows across the organization, as well as helping ensure accountability on action items both from internal stakeholders and within the teams
- Act as the primary facilitator for internal and external individuals on matters pertaining to leader access; you are the team expert and go-to resource for general requests and questions; you are the keeper of all team resources
- Be unafraid to offer suggestions and make improvements to processes
- Prioritize conflicting needs with no guidance and keep leadership informed of short and long-term responsibilities and commitments
- Complete expense reports per policy and executive requests
- Work independently on projects from start to finish
- Observe workplace dynamics and keep leaders updated on what is occurring in the environment
- Act as a role model and provide leadership and inspiration for aspiring administrative staff
You should have:
- BA / BS degree and 6+ years of Executive support
- Strong attention to detail. Being right the first time matters a lot to us
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and proven ability to interact with internal and external partners
- Grace and patience under pressure, and the ability to go with the flow amidst ever-changing needs and priorities
- Superior organizational skills and great follow through on tasks
- A problem-solver mentality with a genuine interest in learning by helping
- The availability to deliver quickly, across global time zones, in multiple languages, and from locations all over the world. We need you not only to keep the trains running on time, but to speed them up
- The ability to be an efficient self-starter and decision-maker that can act on instinct
- Experience with both Google and Microsoft Office productivity suites, as well as other electronic communications
- Experience in a start-up environment (this is a plus!)
- Ability to travel 10% or as needed
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 116 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
Don’t be! Many of us were once in your shoes.
Global trade is an infinitely fascinating but highly complex industry, where purchasing decisions are made every day rather than on an annually recurring basis. Don’t worry, you won’t need to become the world’s expert on ocean freight (we already hired that guy). We’ll look to you to apply your deep understanding of our key audiences, the funnel, and how to meet a digitally connected audience where they are.
It’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move this industry forward. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.