Build the platform that powers global trade
Flexport’s mission is to make global trade easy for everyone, and ocean shipping sits at the core of that mission. It’s Flexport’s largest business line, and foundational to many modern supply chains (most of the goods you see around you were shipped in an ocean container at some point).
As a product manager on our Ocean team, you’ll help us launch innovative new service offerings so that our customers can get their goods where they need to go faster, cheaper, and more reliably than ever before. You’ll drive projects that bring scalable tech solutions to an industry that’s long been reliant on tedious, manual processes.
- Work closely with our Business, Operations, and Technology teams to develop a product strategy and roadmap to make Flexport’s ocean services the best in the market.
- Work with cross-functional teams of engineers, designers, analysts, and operations specialists to implement your product vision.
- Become a domain expert: understand the ocean shipping market, competitive landscape, and how Flexport fits into it all.
- Innovate within the ocean freight industry and help us reimagine global trade!
You should have:
- You have 12 years of product management or relevant work experience.
- You can understand the levers of a business, know how to set KPIs, and can methodically ship products that move the needle.
- You’re technically competent, and can discuss APIs, data models, and services with the engineering team (but you don’t need to be able to code!).
- You can communicate effectively, write strong product requirements, and drive consensus across functions, teams, and levels of the organization
- You can lead and motivate a product development team with a bias towards execution.
- You care about team culture and want to help Flexport scale our organization by improving our processes.
- You have experience in or are excited to learn about logistics & freight forwarding
We believe trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easy for everyone. Flexport is building the platform for global logistics, empowering buyers, sellers and their logistics partners with the technology and services to grow and innovate. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $10B of merchandise across 112 countries every year.
Worried about not having any logistics experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why it’s important to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.