Join Flexport to solve real world problems while shaping the future of global trade.
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. We are a licensed freight forwarder and customs brokerage built around a modern technology stack. We help some of the world's fastest growing brands manage their international supply chains, providing a fully-managed service for moving products between any two places on the planet.
As a result of our global expansion, we're looking to hire a Global Customs Network Lead to head up our customs network team. This team manages all customs operations executed through network partners globally. You will work in a cross-functional environment, partnering closely with the customs organization, data services, the partners team and other teams across the company to achieve our shared goals. You’ll get substantial leadership exposure, focus on the highest priority business issues, and be plugged into every facet of the business.
What you’ll do:
- Own and drive the Global Customs Network P&L
- Define and execute a strategy for scaling the business 5x and beyond
- Manage a team of regional customs network associates, ensuring alignment and standardization across regions while developing your team members
- Drive alignment and execution around the deployment of processes and systems as they relate to partner-delivered Customs & Trade Management services
- Own all aspects of managing day to day operations executed through partners, including pricing and performance management
- Develop understanding of partner customs to be a trusted advisor to the rest of the company
- Build out new customs offerings, such as Indirect Representation in Europe, US-MX cross-border trucking in the Americas, etc.
- Support and educate sales and operations teams on upselling and onboarding for foreign destination customs services
- Support global customs-led deals for network countries as well as key account operations (QBRs, reporting, additional audits)
- Continuously identify gaps and develop solutions focused on process standardization and financial improvement for both operations team and partners
- Lead internal marketing of the customs network for your region, to increase visibility of our expertise and quality control in partner countries
What you’ll need:
- 5+ years of professional experience in consulting, fast-paced startup or customs environments, global exposure and customs/partnership experience are a plus
- Proven ability to thrive in a multicultural environment, and deeply understand differences of doing business in different regions
- Proven stakeholder management and influencing skills to align the many internal teams impacting the customs network
- Strong self-starter, who enjoys owning a problem and driving towards solutions
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- A system and process oriented mindset
- Strategic vision and ground floor execution
- Ability to multi-task and manage various project elements simultaneously
- Courage to challenge the status quo when logic and reason require it. See something broken? Fix it.