The Senior Director, Airfreight Development will lead Flexport’s Demand org in selling new customers, developing existing accounts and also driving our overall go-to-market strategy for Flexport Air. By partnering with our sales organization, you will foster a culture of learning and revenue growth while also collaborating with product and operations teams on further commercializing our air freight solution.
This role is ideal for an inspiring global leader who can work across a diverse, global, and high performing team.
- Be responsible for development and growth of the Air Freight Product partnering with the Regional Tradelane Management teams, the VP of Network and Global Head of Air Freight
- Take specific responsibility to guide the Demand org in Flexport’s Airfreight Go To Market Strategy (from lead generation to account implementation) and drive to deliver on the identified high level commercial targets (tonnage and net revenue)
- Take joint ownership as the Senior Leader on the Demand side with your counterpart on the Supply side (Senior Director, Global Air and Ocean Consolidations) to scope, develop, and drive a two way Airfreight program in particular focusing on exports from Asia to USA / Europe and also Exports from the USA / Europe
- Be the key point of contact and decision maker in managing and collaborating air cargo development across the various orgs within Flexport focusing on pricing strategies, network development and service capabilities.
- Drive growth through partnership with Network Trade Lane Management and Supply Chain Operations teams across the world delivering a best in industry level of customer satisfaction
You should have:
- Experience at leadership level managing a large Air cargo operation for sales and operations (Regional or major geography GMs or head of airfreight)
- In-depth freight forwarding knowledge and experience in operations, sales, account management and technology enablement
- Creative mind to help define and develop the “why would a customer buy Air from Flexport?”
- Deep financial knowledge of the freight forwarding business
First-year success outcomes
- Stable Air Cargo business success (volume and net revenue targets as defined in 2021 financial plan) for Air Cargo business on a selected set of core lanes
- Air Cargo - sales development program (process [KPI driven] & enablement) - KPI’s/ milestones
- Vibrant sales pipeline actively managed and driven by Flexport sales organization