Join Flexport to solve real world problems while shaping the future of global trade.
We're looking for a Partnerships Manager for Mainland China that will be a part of Flexport Global Pricing & Procurement Team specifically in Global Partnerships Operations. They will join our Shanghai team to further develop relationships with partners to provide scalable operations to support our growth.
What you’ll do:
- Manage and maintain partner relationships in Mainland China
- Manage service disruptions and recommend suitable alternatives;
- Deliver operational and process improvements;
- Implement proprietary software and manage performance
- Manage a local team of performance analysts to drive outsource and internal operational excellence
- Continuously identify and execute on logistics and supply chain solutions focused on user experience and customer outcomes
- Serve as in region escalation focal point for partners and local teams
- Ensure compliance with appropriate governmental regulations and company policies;
What you’ll need:
- 5 years of prior experience at a top freight forwarder or supply chain / consulting background and a BA/BS Degree;
- Experience performance managing vendors, suppliers, and/or external parties
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills;
- An obsession with client happiness. You succeed when they succeed;
- Ability to travel locally, nationally and internationally;
- Strong command of English and Mandarin
- Courage to challenge the status quo when logic and reason require it. See something broken? Fix it;
- The desire to lead, train, and develop up-and-coming industry talent.
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Listen to Ryan, our CEO explain what freight forwarding is and why improving global trade can help to connect the world and break down economic barriers in this Fast Company Freethink Original Series video.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law