Help Flexport grow!
As the central hub of Flexport UKI, our London team works with clients across the UKI and partners closely with our colleagues in Germany, BeNeLux, Scandinavia, the U.S. and Asia.
Investing your time with Flexport means having an immediate impact, all over the world. You’re empowered to do what’s best for everyone and trusted to make the right decisions when and where you need them. Join our collective of entrepreneurs and improve the world’s experience in global trade.
With offices on three continents, our team is as global as our client base and we’re excited to continue building a product and service they love. Wherever you are, whichever role you play, you’re guaranteed to share your day with committed, encouraging, and resourceful team members.
With revenue growing at breakneck speed, we’re looking for a consultative Sales Development Representative to join our growing sales team in London.
- Identify and qualify new business opportunities for Flexport;
- Learn how global trade works from the ground up and build the foundation for your career at Flexport;
- Collaborate with marketing and account executives to identify strategic opportunities in your market segment;
- Share the value of our offering through phone call, email, LinkedIn and other social mediums;
- Research your target companies to together with your account executive identify the best outreach strategy;
- Diligently update Salesforce, our CRM, to stay on top of nurturing your accounts;
- Shadow account executives in meetings and other activities to help you acquire the skills needed for your next role on the Flexport sales team.
You should have:
- BA/BS degree (preferred);
- 1 year of professional work experience in sales, business development, client success, financial services, or consulting (preferred, not required);
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills;
- Enthusiasm and empathy - willingness to hop on the phone with new people every single day and have quality conversations to identify how we can help support the individual you speak with;
- Focus on prospect happiness - set the stage for effective sales follow-up;
- Flexibility - things change around here. FAST;
- The intellectual ability to become a guide on international trade in a matter of weeks, and the curiosity to keep learning about all its intricacies for years to come;
- You are fluent in English.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. Read about three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.