We are reinventing global trade.
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easy for everyone.
Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 116 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos.
With offices on three continents, our team is as global as our client base. Wherever you are, whichever role you play, you’re guaranteed to share your day with passionate and resourceful team members who are in it together.
Flexport is looking for an experienced and motivated professional to serve as the Head of Investor Relations. You will be a key contact for institutional investors, buy and sell-side analysts, and a broad range of internal Flexport stakeholders.
- Develop and implement a investor relations program to communicate our strategy to the relevant stakeholders
- Serve as Flexport’s face to the investment community and translate investor sentiment into actionable insight for the executive team
- Develop and maintain guidance models to track performance against expectations and advise on internal improvements
- Play a leading role in Flexport’s capital strategy to include conferences, roadshows, and other external events (virtually or in-person, when safe to do so)
- Work across Flexport functions to align senior leaders on the company’s strategy
You should have:
- 10+ years of experience in Investor Relations and FP&A, including time on Wall Street
- Robust understanding of SEC laws, regulations, and filing requirements
- Understand the modeling techniques used by investors and analysts
- Strong relationship building and communication skills across a variety of functions, both internal and external
- A proven track record of operating autonomously in an ambiguous high pressure environment with tight deadlines
- Corporate Development and M&A experience is a plus
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 116 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
Don’t be! Many of us were once in your shoes.
Global trade is an infinitely fascinating but highly complex industry, where purchasing decisions are made every day rather than on an annually recurring basis. Don’t worry, you won’t need to become the world’s expert on ocean freight (we already hired that guy). We’ll look to you to apply your deep understanding of our key audiences, the funnel, and how to meet a digitally connected audience where they are.
It’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move this industry forward. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.