Help Flexport build our Procurement Team.
As an Ocean Trade Lane Management Associate, you will be a foundational member of the team, learning all aspects of the trade, mastering Flexport’s advanced tech systems, and working on the front lines to ensure Client Solutions teams - and by extension, Flexport’s clients - have the right solutions and the right prices so that supply chains run smoothly. You will be an expert in coordinating and executing the end-to-end procurement, solution design, rate setting, and implementation cycles for the geography’s imports and exports. From fulfilling pricing requests to working directly with carriers, you will learn the breadth of our interaction with ocean carriers and bridge the gap between our clients and the fulfillment of ocean freight.
What you’ll do:
- You will procure the services from global ocean carriers
- You will stay up-to-date on all market pricing, current conditions and cost competitiveness with focus on a select number of trades
- You will assist with both short-term and long-term pricing exercises
- You can create tools for analyzing market conditions and keeping team members informed on latest developments
- You will manage ocean carrier contracts, rates, and maintenance
What you’ll need:
- Requires at least 3-5 year(s) of related experience. Bachelor's degree required or equivalent years relevant work experience
- Knowledge of product and technology within the industry
- Experience with regards to imports and/or exports from a sales, operational or procurement perspective.
- Experience building and maintaining relationships and partnerships with vendors
- Analytical skills and metric / data based approach to solving problems
- Strong analytical background and knowledge of analytical tools (Excel, etc)
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- An obsession with client happiness. You succeed when they succeed
- Next-level attention to detail
- Courage to challenge the status quo when logic and reason require it. See something broken? Fix it!
- A mastery of email communication. You keep the inbox at zero
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. Read about three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.