At Flexport, we know global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. Flexport today connects more than 10,000 clients, both consignees and shippers, across 109 countries. Our role is to help businesses of all sizes find the global trade solutions that will empower their success.
Now, more than ever, customers need our support to survive and win in 2020. Their success is our success. We work back from what’s best for them to find a solution. That’s why we are building the Platform for Global Trade - a strategic model combining customer centricity, supply chain expertise, advanced technology and data analytics.
Flexport is looking to hire exceptional associate counsel. You will play a key role in providing organizational and substantive support to the Global Legal Team and will have the opportunity to build out new systems and procedures, work closely with attorneys, compliance and other teams within Flexport.
This role is a great opportunity for someone with a passion for technology, excellent problem-solving skills and an ability to thrive in a fast-paced, changing environment that requires cross-functional collaboration across the legal and business teams. As we expand, your ideas and contributions will make an immediate impact.
What you'll do:
- Negotiating, drafting and reviewing various legal agreements, with a focus on commercial, employment and data privacy contracts;
- Support and manage (outside) counsel with ongoing corporate governance filings in Europe.
- Conduct legal research and staying up to date with regulatory changes;
- Keep and arrange appropriate corporate housekeeping and any other in-house related matters, ensuring maintenance of appropriate documentation and auditable records;
- Work closely with our internal product, business, and compliance teams, as well as with external advisors and experts;
- Manage projects effectively, with a team-oriented approach;
- Co-developing standard operating procedures, templates and policies for the Legal Department;
- Proactively identify opportunities for improving processes in Flexport’s legal operations, as we continue to scale through incredible growth;
- Serve as a trusted advisor and business partner across the company by providing counsel to the clients solutions, sales and people operations teams;
What you'll need:
- MA/LLM. Minimum 2-5 years of legal experience, a mix of in-house and private practice experience is preferred;
- Fluent in English and German in both written and oral communications. Proficiency in Dutch is a plus;
- The ability to work with team members at all levels, sometimes under pressure, while remaining proactive, resourceful, and efficient, with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality;
- Track record as a problem solver and ability to assess risks and provide sound commercially-minded legal advice;
- Excellent communication and project management skills, and the ability to work independently;
- Passionate about diving into the “fine print”;
- Meticulous attention to detail and strong organizational skills;
- Ability to work independently on multiple projects with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment, and able to manage and prioritize multiple deadlines;
- Have courage to challenge the status quo when logic and reason require it. See something broken? Fix it.
Why join Flexport?
Investing your time with Flexport means keeping pace with a rapidly growing business, learning new skills, and seeking opportunities to think from end to end. We appreciate your contributions to making Flexport an amazing place to work and we encourage upwards or lateral movement and transfers that align with current business needs and help Flexport deliver on its mission and unlock the potential in our team members.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.