Join us to solve real world problems while shaping the future of global trade.
Flexport is a platform for global trade. We are a licensed freight forwarder and customs brokerage built around a modern technology stack. We help some of the world's fastest growing brands manage their international supply chains, providing a fully-managed service for moving products between any two places on the planet.
As a result of our global expansion, we're looking to hire a Thailand Country Manager as part of our Global Partner Team to join our growing SE Asia organization. This role will work in a cross-functional environment, partnering closely with not only the Partners Team and our forwarding and customs partners, but also different teams across the global organization to achieve our shared goals. You will have extensive operations and commercial responsibility, and play a lead role in the fastest growing region of the fastest growing freight forwarder in the world.
What you’ll do:
- Responsible for the end to end Flexport presence in Thailand. Work with our partners and vendors in the market to provide best-in-class import and export shipment services to our customers.
- Become a trusted source of expertise on shipping to, from, and between the major ports / airports in Thailand.
- Manage Flexport operations handled through our country partners, identifying and working with the partners consultatively to improve performance and knowledge of Flexport software and process.
- Identify initiatives to grow the book of business internally and externally representing the South East Asia region for Flexport.
- Escalation and exception management, particularly root cause analysis and corrective action planning (with assistance from team associates)
- Leverage global performance metrics, targets, dashboards, and reporting to drive quality and consistency of operations.
- Be a contributing member of a high performing team to manage and grow our landscape in South East Asia.
- Perform Analysis and Review quarterly and monthly performance and prepare material for review with the partners.
- Be Flexport’s subject matter expert relating to our supply capabilities in the region.
- Work with partners on resource planning to ensure necessary investment to support Flexport’s rapid growth in the market.
- Drive continuous performance improvement within assigned partners, through digital adoption, process improvement, and ongoing enablement
- Own sourcing, vetting, and onboarding of new freight forwarding and customs partners where needed
- Sell the Flexport brand to create excitement and drive engagement
- Be a trusted advisor and coach to our partners; continuously identify gaps and develop solutions focused on process standardization for both operations team and partners
- Contribute to the development and implementation of next gen “operations technology” including localization requirements for assigned markets
- Ensure partners operate with a high level of integrity and compliance to global regulatory requirements
- Be a leader within the Global Partner Team and contribute to global initiatives as well as roll-outs.
What you’ll need:
- BA/BS degree with 6-8 years of professional logistics, supply chain, projects, programs or consulting experience;
- Thai language skills highly preferred
- Relevant in-market experience in Thailand and in South East Asia highly regarded;
- Prior Experience as a program manager;
- Strong Project management skills;
- A strong performance record of living our values;
- Strong ability to build relationships with local partners, in the diverse cultural context of Southeast Asia;
- Solid negotiation and influencing without authority skills;
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills, able to connect within stakeholder organizations at multiple levels;
- World class follow through skills;
- Ability to lead and direct the work of others;
- Next-level attention to detail and the drive to deliver ahead of schedule with a servant leadership approach;
- A system and process oriented mindset;
- Ability to travel locally, nationally and internationally;
- Courage to challenge the status quo when logic and reason require it. See something broken? Fix it.
- Candidates for this position may be based in Singapore or Thailand.