We’re looking for a pragmatic, growth-minded leader with a proven track record of success in our industry, to lead our eastern Canada and Toronto region to success. As the GM of Toronto, you’d have end to end ownership for managing the P&L, shaping the strategy and leading the team. You’d report into our Regional GM of North America - East.
You are tasked with managing and growing a team of world-class sales and client solution leaders centered around growing and retaining quality customers, while upselling existing clients. You will own the GTM strategy for Eastern Canada and Toronto, and ultimately the responsibility of Business Development, Sales, and Client Solutions. This way, you are empowered with the end-to-end client lifecycle and P&L.
What you’ll do:
- Build an outstanding sales and account management team;
- Provide leadership and direction to a high-performance team, including hiring, training, and coaching;
- Drive to aggressive goals within each product to expand revenue based and accelerate growth;
- Manage against key commercial performance metrics;
- Implement innovative and creative ways to improve and increase performance;
- Implement best practices to support consistent and consultative sales and client success processes;
- Design and execute an effective and aligned overall go-to-market strategy;
- Take an entrepreneurial approach to the role, working collaboratively with the rest of the Leadership Team to get things done;
- Manage a team who sell and serve our entire Canadian product suite;
- Build a centre of Canadian expertise in support of Canadian Headquartered clients and our global effort to grow Canadian volumes.
What you’ll need:
- 10+ years of experience scaling client-facing teams including leading large teams and managers of managers in a fast-paced environment;
- Experience in operations, supply chain, logistics, or freight forwarding.
- Experience owning and managing a P&L
- Strong financial acumen
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Strong change management skills
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to deliver on a broad portfolio of responsibilities on your own, and ‘figure stuff out’ quickly and effectively;
- Great with numbers including strong analytical skills;
- Highly effective communicator with good people instincts - able to build trust and work well with a diverse group inside and outside the company;
- Eager for a very hands-on role, where you’ll be asked to take on and run with a range of projects outside your comfort zone, and learn quickly;
- Highly organized, self-motivated and detail-oriented, with great follow-through on projects/tasks big and small;
- High integrity individual who’s enthusiastic about building a great company for the long term, and making a huge, positive impact in the world and on education;
- Bachelor's Degree, and ideally MBA, from a top-tier institution;
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills;
- Courage to challenge the status quo when logic and reason require it. See something broken? Fix it.