At Flexport, we know global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. Flexport today connects more than 10,000 clients across more than 100 countries. Our role is to help businesses of all sizes find the global trade solutions that will empower their success.
The role of the (Senior) Project Manager Network Development is a critical part of making Flexport’s mission a reality. Your work will play a pivotal role in building the next operational model at Flexport: allowing us to effectively scale to achieve our mission of making global trade easier for everyone.
Specifically this role will manage the expansion of our Air Network in Asia. You will lead cross-functional project teams in the development and deployment of a local service provider strategy for targeted countries. Finding and onboarding experienced top-notch providers to support Flexport’s rapid expansion in the region. Developing and implementing operational processes and Flexport technology to create a seamless user experience across our global Air Network.
What you’ll do:
- Work with global operations leaders and provide expertise to develop strategies and tactical plans for expansion of Air operations in targeted countries. Driving successful execution through program & project management.
- Be the front runner developing Flexport Air ground ops infrastructure in specific identified countries.
- In collaboration with Flexport team members, identify and onboard local service providers (e.g. terminal/ground operations, warehouse, customs brokers, trucking) into the Flexport Air network.
- Help set up entities, IATA licenses, and other local requirements.
- You will help build and implement operational infrastructure & procedures, developing Flexport processes and systems to create a standardized user experience across the Air network
- Audit compliance of partners handling Flexport Air shipments and development of plans for improvement and future growth.
- Air ground ops process expert, bringing out of the box ideas how to scale our Air product in the Asia region.
What you’ll need
- Bachelor degree and 8-10 years of experience in logistics, warehousing, freight forwarding (air freight experience is a must).
- A strong belief in Flexport’s mission and values, desire to change the world of freight.
- Track record of building and managing air freight operations in APAC, South & Southeast Asia in particular.
- Extensive personal network of local service providers in targeted countries.
- Solid project management experience backed by a portfolio of successfully executed projects.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Good command of spoken and written English (required) and other Asian languages (preferred).
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.