Build Flexport’s people infrastructure to support continued growth and scale
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easy for everyone.
Flexport was founded in 2013 to help shippers get their stuff from A to B. Sounds simple, right? In reality, it’s more like A to B to C all the way to Q, with each leg of the journey handled by a different company. That means innovative, entrepreneurial people spend more time thinking about containers than about their products or customers. Flexport is here to change that by helping people move, finance and make smart decisions about freight. That helpful, actionable spirit infuses everything we do.
Flexport is looking for a Total Rewards Leader. We need someone with a strong compensation background (preferably with pre-IPO and public company experience) who is passionate about analysis, program design, and teamwork. Reporting to the VP, Head of Global People Operations, you will provide strategic, consultative advice to the Flexport leadership team and will be responsible for the total rewards and recognition strategy that will attract, retain, and motivate top talent.
- Drive the strategic design and execution of Flexport’s global compensation, equity, and benefits programs in line with business needs and values, and provide flexibility and local customization to account for cultural and market differences.
- Partner with the CEO and the executive team to define a compelling total rewards strategy, built for a hybrid work-from-home and work-from-office workforce.
- Lead executive compensation efforts.
- Oversee projects focusing on key compensation initiatives such as compensation strategy redesign and implementation, market benchmarking, career path/ladder formation, and the design of short-term and long-term incentive programs.
- Oversee the company's benefits programs, including health, welfare, and retirement programs globally. Drive analytical rigor and analysis on effectiveness and competitiveness of existing programs to verify they are aligned with our business and talent strategies and monitor market trends to make recommendations for changes, as appropriate.
- Oversee all deliverables for our quarterly Comp Committee meetings as well as manage the equity budget annually for the Board. Partner with leadership and BOD on compensation programs for IPO readiness.
- Monitor external trends and benchmark activities across all areas of rewards to elevate our understanding of our compensation competitiveness globally, and evolve it over time to meet the changing landscape of total rewards.
You should have:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree and 10+ years of Total Rewards leadership experience in a public, multinational high technology environment.
- Proven track record of influencing, leading and facilitating large scale strategic initiatives with multiple senior stakeholders.
- Demonstrated global compensation experience in the following areas: executive compensation, salary planning, market pricing, job evaluation, data analysis, research and cost modeling.
- Global benefit experience including knowledge of health and welfare plans, leaves and time off practices, and retirement plans.
- Experience with administering and marketing options and RSUs as a large portion of the employee Total Rewards package.
- Strong track record building, leading, and mentoring a diverse and high-performing team.
- Growth mindset, sense of curiosity and strong problem solving skills. Strong attention to detail, organization, and the highest standards for accuracy and precision.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and collaborative skills across all levels, with an ability to persuade and influence. Ability to exercise good judgment and discretion and maintain confidentiality.
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated, and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, creed, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.