We are reinventing global trade.
Flexport helps more than 10,000 clients and suppliers lead all aspects of their supply chain operations. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B from investors that include the Founders Fund, Google Ventures, First Round Capital, Bloomberg Beta, Y Combinator, Wells Fargo, & Softbank.
With offices on three continents, our team is as global as our client base and we’re excited to continue building a product and service they love. Wherever you are, whichever role you play, you’re guaranteed to share your day with committed, encouraging, and resourceful team members.
As a Product Manager on the Infrastructure team, you will define strategy and requirements for
our next generation infrastructure. As an infrastructure team we are focused on providing an amazing developer experience, and evolving our infrastructure to be as global as our company to make global trade easy and always available. Come help us expand our infrastructure capabilities, developer experience and build an amazing Flexport Kubernetes Engine (FKE) to support stateful and stateless workloads, integrate multiple AWS managed services and innovate the logistics industry.
This is primarily an internal facing role supporting a software engineering team and requires a strong technical background and an understanding of cloud infrastructure.
What you’ll do:
- Create shared vision with a demonstrated ability to communicate, advocate, and build consensus on priorities leading to product execution.
- Translate product strategy into detailed requirements, user stories, and prototypes.
- Represent your team with leaders across different parts of our organization.
- Participate in critical technical design and product discussions of various initiatives.
- Become a domain expert, deeply understanding Flexport’s systems and the trade landscape to solve real problems with technology.
What you’ll need:
- 6+ years of product management experience, with proven ability to drive products through end-to-end lifecycle.
- Experience with k8s and the AWS ecosystem, including the benefits and challenges.
- Domain expertise in developer platforms, CI/CD tools, and cloud technologies.
- Crystal clear communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to manage a complex set of products at different stages of their lifecycle.
- Experience driving impact through cross-functional leadership.
- Ability to manage multiple stakeholders and build consensus.
Where you’ll work:
Our flagship office is on Market Street in San Francisco, but we also have engineering teams working out of our locations in Bellevue and Chicago. As a truly global company, we don’t let geography slow us down. We rotate hack-a-thons and move Flexporters all around the world.
Investing your time with Flexport means having an immediate impact, all over the world. You’re empowered to do what’s best for everyone and trusted to make the right decisions when and where you need them. Join our collective of entrepreneurs and improve the world’s experience in global trade.
Culture & Values
- Learn more at www.keyvalues.com/flexport
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one-week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.