Build the programs to help Flexport.org grow
Help make logistics a positive force for social and environmental sustainability
Flexport.org is the dedicated impact team within Flexport. We help companies of all sizes, sectors, and geographies bring logistics into the forefront of their sustainability strategy. The opportunity for impact is unparalleled: shipping is one of the largest contributors to climate change and can be a barrier for economic development. Our programs help leaders to measure, reduce and offset greenhouse gas emissions from shipping, donate excess inventory to nonprofits, and engage in disaster relief efforts. We’re a tight-knit team with a shared passion for creating meaningful global impact.
As the Flexport.org Sr. Program Associate, you’ll join the Sr. Program Manager to scale and continually improve our client-facing programs.
- Help Flexport clients make their supply chains more sustainable by managing prospective program participant meetings, developing informational materials, and analyzing environmental emissions data
- Empower Flexport’s internal Client Services organization with resources, tools, and training required to grow client participation in Flexport.org’s programs
- Lead research efforts to identify industry gaps for our team’s strategic prioritization and to help inform the Flexport.org engineer’s product roadmap
- Create recommendations for Flexport’s first corporate sustainability strategy and own implementation across the company
- Support internal and external communication of Flexport.org programs, such as monthly all-staff updates and Flexport blog posts
- Improve and maintain internal data management systems and reporting (Salesforce, Looker, etc.), regularly analyzing results and tracking progress toward KPIs
You should have:
- BA/BS and 4+ years of experience in corporate sustainability, logistics/supply chains, or an external facing role
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- A knack for fast-paced project management across multiple stakeholders
- Entrepreneurial spirit -- we are a young team that is growing quickly and facing new challenges every day
- Experience with or interest in data analytics
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t! be We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Listen to Ryan, our CEO explain what freight forwarding is and why improving global trade can help to connect the world and break down economic barriers in this Fast Company Freethink Original Series video.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.