Build the user experience that powers global trade
We are looking for a product manager to create world-class customer experiences that progress the evolution of global trade. With a customer-first mindset and deep empathy for customer needs, you will work alongside a team of highly-skilled engineers, designers, data scientists and freight forwarding experts in building the interface between our customers and the movement of their goods. The products you build will empower our customers to optimize their end-to-end supply chains and run more successful businesses.
- Work closely with our Business, Operations, and Technology teams to contribute to a product strategy and roadmap building the best Freight Forwarding platform in the industry
- Work with a cross-functional team of designers, engineers, and operations to bring the product vision to life
- Become a domain expert: dive deep to understand the market, domain, competitive landscape, and how Flexport can change it all from the ground up
- Understand customer and business needs, write clear stories to help designers and engineers execute fast, and jointly make rapid progress building products that count
- Innovate and launch features quickly and incrementally
- Make data driven decisions and implement metrics to manage your team’s progress and impact
- Be a strong voice for your team, communicating feature releases and managing expectations with stakeholders inside and outside the company
- Add to our product culture and continuously improve Flexport’s product processes
You should have:
- 4-6 years experience as a Product Manager
- A track record of creating design-led world-class customer experiences
- Technical competence; might not be an expert, but can talk shop with the best of them
- Experience collaborating with and inspiring engineering teams with a focus on accelerating development velocity
- Web application development experience
- Excellent communication with the ability to convey ideas effectively, listen intently, write strong product requirements, and drive consensus across functions and teams.
- Crystal clear communication and presentation skills, with a bias toward over-communication and inclusivity
- Ability to deal with ambiguity—given an open-ended task, you can great work with minimal supervision
- Strong command of English and Mandarin
- A bachelor’s degree, or equivalent
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience scaling in hyper growth mode
- Industry experience in trade policy, freight forwarding, logistics, or similar
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.