Make global trade easy for everyone.
The Flexport UX team creates the end-to-end user experiences for our external clients, our internal operations teams, and our service partners such as airlines, ocean carriers, and trucking companies. As an integral part of the internal and external business, user experience is at the forefront of everything we do.
The Flexport UX team is looking for a highly motivated Design Operations Intern to contribute to our operational excellence. The goal of Design Operations is to continuously improve the way in which we communicate and work within our team and across the organization. A problem solving mentality and the ability to flex between creative and pragmatic mindsets is critical to success in this role. At the heart, design operations loves design and is an advocate for driving user experience as a critical role in achieving our company mission of making global trade easier for everyone.
As a Design Operations Intern, you’ll report directly to our Design Operations Manager who will help guide you through an internship project from beginning to end. You’ll have the opportunity to work closely with product designers and researchers, helping to implement processes and streamline their workflows and systems. You can expect to make meaningful contributions operationalizing the UX team, while having a fantastic internship experience in the process of doing so.
- Take on a Design Operations Intern project from start to finish.
- Help manage the tools needed to empower and amplify designers and researchers as well as tools that bridge disciplines.
- Develop an understanding of the design and research process.
- Help track design requests and project plans.
- Help facilitate conversation and time management during team meetings and critiques.
- Collaborate and work across functions including research, product, abd engineering teams.
- Plan and coordinate team Q3 offsite event.
- Be part of a close-knit UX team.
You should have:
- Bachelor’s degree or enrolled in and pursuing
- Interest in UX, Research, and Project Management
- Excellent collaboration and follow up skills
- Effectively manage time and clearly communicate ideas
- Experience working with design teams a plus
You will get:
- An assigned manager and mentor who will be dedicated to your success at Flexport.
- Projects and assignments which will help build your knowledge and skills while making a direct impact on the business.
- Visibility to leaders within the organization and opportunities to present your work/projects.
- Opportunity to join team building activities to get you familiarized with both your immediate team and other Flexport employees.
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.