We are reinventing global trade.
Flexport helps more than 10,000 clients and suppliers lead all aspects of their supply chain operations. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B from investors that include SoftBank, SF Express, Founders Fund, DST, Google Ventures, First Round Capital, Bloomberg Beta, Y Combinator, & Wells Fargo.
With offices on three continents, our team is as global as our client base and we’re excited to continue building a product and service they love. Wherever you are, whichever role you play, you’re guaranteed to share your day with committed, encouraging, and resourceful team members.
Global Key Accounts are central to Flexport’s success. As we continue to grow this segment of our business, we will need to drive alignment across our business and Regions, create new operational and account management standards, and build the people, process and products needed for the future of Flexport.
We're looking for a Director, Global Key Account Management to help us achieve this mission. You will be leading a dynamic team of Global Key Account Managers across the United States and building a robust strategy for the segment’s long-term success.
What you’ll do:
- Work with the Leadership Team to design and implement Flexport’s Global Key Account Management strategy as well as more tactical account management processes
- Own the Net Revenue targets for the roll-up of existing Global Key Account clients in the West and Central Regions
- Partner with the Sales & Implementation organizations to onboard and ramp new Global Key Account clients
- Develop specific and targeted goals for each Global Key Account Manager to retain and expand existing accounts, accelerate technology adoption, and drive customer satisfaction (NPS).
- Provide leadership, direction, and development to a high-performing team of Global Key Account Managers (7+ direct reports)
- Hire, onboard, and train new Global Key Account Managers within the West and Central Regions to support growth of new clients
- Partner with various stakeholders to develop and implement Global Key Account client growth strategies across North America.
- Take an entrepreneurial approach to the role, working collaboratively with the rest of the Leadership Team to get things done.
- Create, monitor and manage key performance metrics.
- Find innovative and creative ways to improve and increase performance.
What you’ll need:
- Excited to build a new organization; we’re still in the early stages of developing our Key Account Management strategy and you MUST enjoy the build
- 10+ years of experience in a customer facing sales/business development/account management role at a leading international freight forwarder
- 3+ years of experience managing Global Key Account Managers at a leading international freight forwarder
- 5+ years designing solutions for Global Key Account clients
- Good people instincts and be able to build trust and work well with a diverse group inside and outside the company
- Proven ability to build strong, cohesive relationships with the business, operations, technology and other key stakeholders
- Highly organized, self-motivated and detail-oriented, with great follow-through on projects/tasks big and small
- High integrity individual who’s enthusiastic about building a great company for the long term, and making a huge, positive impact in the world
- Data driven, strong analytical and logical sense
- Bachelor degree or above in business management or related disciplines
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.