Join Flexport and contribute to our growth ambition in the ocean team
Now, more than ever, customers need our support to survive and win in 2021. Their success is our success. We work back from what’s best for them to find a solution. That’s why we are building the Platform for Global trade - a strategic model combining customer centricity, supply chain expertise, advanced technology and data analytics.
Therefore we’re looking for driven and intellectually curious Senior Procurement Associate / Tradelane Management Associate to join to help make Flexport the leader in Global Trade! You are a Procurement / Tradelane Specialist Ocean with a strong network? Keep reading!
- You will procure the services from global ocean carriers
- You will stay up-to-date on all market pricing, current conditions and cost competitiveness with focus on a select number of trades FEWB / FEEB
- You will assist with both short-term and long-term pricing exercises
- You can create tools for analyzing market conditions and keeping team members informed on latest developments
- You will manage ocean carrier contracts, rates, and maintenance
You should have:
- A successfully completed degree in the field of business/logistics or a completed apprenticeship in logistics/shipping
- 3+ years of experience at an NVOCC pricing or procurement team or from an ocean carrier with focus on FEWB
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- An obsession with client happiness. You succeed when they succeed
- Next-level attention to detail
- Courage to challenge the status quo when logic and reason require it. See something broken? Fix it!
- A mastery of email communication. You keep the inbox at zero
- Business fluency in English and good German (oral and written) is required
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.