We are looking for a remarkably driven Accounts Payable Lead to join our AP department operations. This position is an essential team player with a focus on supporting daily operations, specifically focusing on setting high standards for exceptional customer service. This position must possess strong attention to detail, balancing both accuracy and efficiency. This role will be a player/coach to the rest of the team, who will inspire others to match their drive. The position will report to the Accounts Payable Manager.
- Manage the allocation of AP requests and invoice processing volume across the team, while maintaining high standards for accuracy, timeliness, and professionalism
- Monitor production metrics of the team on a daily basis, holding team members accountable for service level adherence and process conformance
- Identify ways to streamline processes and work as part of the team to implement solutions
- Partner with the AP Manager to develop Standard Operating Procedures and document AP policies and internal controls
- Participate in cross functional projects and continuous improvement initiatives by performing research, data analysis, and Root Cause Corrective Action investigations
- Support training and development of AP team members, specifically during onboarding phase
- Perform Finance and Accounting related month-end close processes
You should have:
- 5+ years of finance/accounting experience,
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or relevant field
- Self-starter mindset, able to operate with a high level of autonomy
- Strong attention to detail and excellent follow-through skills
- Ability to adapt to rapid changes typical of a start-up
- Experience identifying and driving improvements to processes by engaging with different functions throughout the company
- Experience with Netsuite a plus
- Experience within a shared service environment
- Advanced Excel Skills
- Ability to develop and share new solutions to old problems
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation