Senior Product Manager, Ops Tools
Build the Platform that powers global trade
Trade is highly collaborative, with multiple parties interacting across the globe. Our vision is to unite modern technology with human collaboration to raise the access and quality of trade. We want to make trade accessible to all. You will be a part of solving some of the toughest challenges in the industry.
Join us in innovating and automating the Freight Forwarding experience for our internal Operations and Client Solution Teams as well as our worldwide partners.
- Work closely with our Business, Operations, and Technology teams to develop a product strategy and roadmap that builds a scalable and reliable freight forwarding platform
- Help set Flexport’s 3-5 year strategy and how we will get there, as well as own and deliver complex features and products that improve the end-to-end customer experience
- Focus on decoupling our cost-to-serve from our growing business, helping accelerate our path to profitability
- Inspire and lead cross-functional teams of engineers, product managers, designers, data analysts, and domain experts to deliver on the product vision
- Participate in research and user discovery with internal teams and external partners
- Become a domain expert: understand the market, Flexport’s systems and the competitive landscape
- Work with a global Maker’s team across San Francisco, Chicago, Shenzhen and Amsterdam
You should have:
- At least 5 plus years of product management or relevant work experience
- You’ve launched some seriously complex initiatives, driving impact through a cross-functional leadership team
- Business acumen - you understand the levers of the business, know how to set KPI’s, and can methodically ship product that moves the needle
- A strong sense of ownership - you can work independently and lead a smoothly running Makers (product development) team with many cross-team dependencies and impacts.
- Ability to navigate ambiguity - given an open-ended task, you deliver great work!
- Great communication - You are able to communicate effectively, write strong product requirements, and drive consensus across functions and teams
- Executive presence: you can hold your own with our senior leadership team
- Growth Mindset - You care about team culture and want to help Flexport scale our organization by improving and elevating our PM team and processes by identifying process improvements and mentoring others
- Fluent in written and spoken English
Bonus if you have:
- Logistics or a SaaS Mid-Market / Enterprise product experience
- Experience working at a company that has scaled quickly
- Developed products with a global audience
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.