Flexport is experiencing massive growth with 2,000+ Flexporters across 14 global offices and warehouses. And we’re just getting started. As we enter our next phase of growth, we are looking for a driven, intellectually curious Global Key Account Manager to help us grow our air and ocean volumes with Global Key Accounts. As one of a select number of Global Key Account Managers on the team, you’ll have a greenfield opportunity to help grow our portfolio of customers. You will leverage your knowledge and experience as you partner with several operations teams across the US.
What you’ll do
- Proactively consult with clients and develop solutions for their logistics needs
- Communicate the value of Flexport through remote and in person meetings with client executives
- Develop and execute a plan to build pipeline from new and existing customers in your territory
- Engage with stakeholders from other departments at Flexport to develop client-specific solutions
- Coordinate and negotiate annual RFPs
- Collaborate with Flexport’s client operations teams to identify upsell opportunities, source pipeline, and develop strategic account plans.
What you’ll need
- 10-15 years of experience in a customer facing sales/business development role at a leading international freight forwarder
- At least 5 years designing solutions for Global Key Accounts
- Competitive and creative drive to win over customers and think outside the box to get a deal done
- Demonstrated ability to run a sales meeting and structured sales process
- Proven success building and maintaining long term commercial relationships
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, experience presenting to C-level executives
- A passion for pursuing new and bold ideas within the context of business priorities
- The ability to quickly identify, prioritize, and execute tasks to meet critical project deadlines
- Experience problem-solving within multi-faceted and complex systems
- Experience negotiating with third-party providers of products and services
- An obsession with client happiness. You succeed when they succeed.
- A burning desire to win clients from competitors. You’re a team player, but you know that a little competition is healthy.
- The intellectual horsepower and curiosity to learn a new way of operating in an old industry.
- Courage to challenge the status quo when logic and reason require it. See something broken? Fix it.
At Flexport, we know global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. Flexport today connects more than 10,000 clients, both consignees and shippers, across 109 countries. Our role is to help businesses of all sizes find the global trade solutions that will empower their success.
Now, more than ever, customers need our support to survive and win in 2020. Their success is our success. We work back from what’s best for them to find a solution. That’s why we are building the Platform for Global trade - a strategic model combining customer centricity, supply chain expertise, advanced technology and data analytics.
Our goal for this role is for you to be a proactive partner and problem-solver for our clients, both consignees and shippers, working to improve their supply chains by leveraging Flexport's unique and adaptable solutions.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.