Join us to solve real world problems while shaping the future of global trade.
As a result of our global expansion, we're looking to hire a Procurement Associate to join our growing Global Partners Team. Building an accurate & competitive cost database is a key differentiator for Flexport in the industry, allowing us to empower our clients with fast, transparent, and competitive quotes for the services we offer.
This role will work in a cross-functional environment, partnering closely not only with our forwarding and customs partners, but also different teams across the company to achieve our shared goals. You’ll get substantial leadership exposure, focus on the highest priority business issues, and be plugged into every facet of the business.
What you’ll do:
- Learn about the procurement process and strategic vendor management
- Manage global projects to build complete & accurate cost databases
- Fulfill dynamic pricing requests for services not covered in existing databases
- Analyze variances between planned & actual costs, and find levers to reduce leakage
- Audit vendor invoices using Flexport technology and handle disputes
- Benchmark rate competitiveness, analyze underlying cost to serve, and identify areas for improvement in commercial terms
- Learn how to deploy technology to automate procurement & dispute processes; contribute to the development and implementation of new technology & tools
- Drive continuous performance improvement in procurement & pricing processes
- Be an active member of a high performing team to build our global strategic partnership network
What you’ll need:
BA/BS degree with 1-2 years of professional logistics, supply chain, procurement, or other relevant experience
A strong performance record of living our values;
Strong analytical background and knowledge of analytical tools (Excel, etc)
Next-level attention to detail and the drive to deliver ahead of schedule;
Strategic vision and ground floor execution;
Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills;
Execute end to end with world class follow through;
A system and process oriented mindset;
Courage to challenge the status quo when logic and reason require it. See something broken? Fix it.