Flexport is reinventing global trade.
We believe trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easy for everyone. Flexport is building the platform for global logistics, empowering buyers, sellers and their logistics partners with the technology and services to grow and innovate. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $10B of merchandise across 112 countries every year. With offices on three continents, our team is as global as our client base. Wherever you are, whichever role you play, you’re guaranteed to share your day with passionate and resourceful team members who are in it together.
As part of our recent growth, we’re looking to hire an HRIS Architect as part of our HRIS team. This role will be an integral member of the HRIS team, helping to build and configure our HR systems to function effectively and recommending process improvements. You’ll work closely with the broader People, Compensation, Recruiting, Finance, IT teams with the functional and technical skills to roll out sustainable solutions.
- Implement security set up in Workday and governance strategies to facilitate self-service operations
- Lead end-to-end configuration, testing, deployment for one or more recurring programs (Benefits Open Enrollment, Annual Compensation Review, Mid-Year Compensation Cycle)
- Implement a robust report catalog to drive efficiencies within the People team
- Partner with cross functional teams to deliver high-quality, comprehensive solutions for business events and workflows
- Recommend and configure upgrades, enhancements; manage testing, validation and overall system performance
- Lead semi-annual Workday product releases, including regression testing and contingency planning for larger project efforts
- Drive user engagement, including system adoption and utilization through the delivery of stakeholder education and communications
- Oversee the appropriate documentation of any and all system updates.
- Provide subject matter expertise around optimizing and streamlining the HRIS eco-system including but not limited to Workday and Greenhouse
- Lead systems projects that are complex in nature including requirement gathering, configuration and testing efforts
- Analyze issues, identify failures, and provide break-fixes related to existing and future Workday interfaces
- Mentor other functional analysts; actively share knowledge with others to develop in-house expertise on the Workday EcoSystem
You Should Have:
- Bachelor or Masters Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration or Human Resources
- Experience implementing/enhancing/maintaining a Workday HRIS on a global scale is a must.
- Minimum 7 years of configuration experience with the Workday Product Suite, with expertise in the following product areas: Core HCM (required), Benefits (required), Advanced Compensation (required), Performance Management, Time Tracking, Payroll, and Absence Management.
- Experience leading annual programs with complex configuration independently
- Solid understanding of the data housed in Workday in different domains and across different data structures
- Superior analytical and technical skills for translating and analyzing business needs into requirements, driving projects, and delivering effective, value-adding solutions
- Exceptional technical aptitude and strong desire for learning new technologies and solution architectures. Experience with Greenhouse ATS preferred
- Must have experience designing workflows with full employment lifecycle (recruiting - onboarding - career development - offboarding)
- Demonstrated hands-on experience with basic Workday integration tools, including EIBs and reports as a service
- Working knowledge of advanced Workday integration tools such as packaged Integrations, CCW/ CCB, Workday Studio, BIRT, etc.
- Proficient in MS Office with advanced level Excel skills; Vlookup, advanced formulas
- A "compliance first" attitude to keep our regulators happy and enthusiastic about Flexport since we operate in a heavily regulated industry
Worried about not having any logistics experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why we bring in people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with industry veterans to help move the logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.