Design & build solutions to help Flexport grow
As a Salesforce Developer you will be part of the Business Technology team that is responsible for designing, building and maintaining the Salesforce platform and related technologies supporting the sales and marketing organizations.
This person will provide solutions that are highly usable, scalable, extensible, and maintainable on the Salesforce platform. This person will drive automation of processes, develop new applications, and help manage the integrations to our various business systems. Join a growing team where you will continue to develop your skills while helping ensure that Flexport has an effective and scalable platform for our business-critical functions.
- Design, build, test, deploy, and maintain solutions on the Salesforce platform and other supporting technologies
- Participate in the planning and analysis of business requirements for system changes and enhancements
- Identify solutions that suit business needs, fit the environment, and meet project requirements
- Translate business requirements into actionable tasks; communicate the solution vision at multiple levels within the organization
- Improve the overall quality and completeness of Salesforce documentation and support procedures
- Maintain and enhance system performance by analyzing and identifying inefficiencies
- Coordinate and collaborate with other developers and team members to obtain requirements, develop solution design, manage QA/UAT and post launch activities
- Manage production deployments for partner developers and maintain consistency between sandbox environments
- Seek out opportunities to utilize Salesforce to improve processes and productivity, and make recommendations to support an organization scaling at a rapid pace
You should have:
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 4+ years in Salesforce development and administration experience with extensive knowledge of Apex, VisualForce, SOQL and Force.com tools and applications
- 6+ years experience in SaaS technology environment
- Strong knowledge and understanding of the Salesforce platform, ecosystem and best-practices
- Salesforce Certified Platform Developer II and/or Salesforce Dev 501 Advanced Developer Certification is preferred
- Experience in Jira, Agile, Scrum, CI/CD
- Ability to coordinate internal technical work with outside partnership/external deadlines
- Experience in a fast-paced work environment & a bias for action. You ship quality code quickly
- A business-first approach to building systems and applications. You care about the business impact of your technical work
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.