Global Key Account Executive
At Flexport, we know global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. Flexport today connects over 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries. The role of the Account Executive is to be an ally to our prospects and clients. Our role is to help businesses of all sizes find the global trade solutions that will empower their success.
In every role at Flexport, we balance high levels of tactical performance (convergence and scalability) with high levels of adaptive performance (divergence and problem solving) – it means we are constantly learning and finding ways to improve. In this role, adaptive performance is essential to finding prospective clients who can benefit from Flexport’s value proposition and helping prospective clients realize that Flexport value.
- You will uncover what is most important to prospects and clients in order to design and deliver the best Flexport solution to meet their needs.
- You will use your deep knowledge of the prospect’s business and supply chain priorities to design the client strategy that will deliver the best client outcomes.
- You will work cross-functionally – across Supply Chain Operations, Procurement, Account Solutions, Implementation, Industry SMEs, and Trade and Financial Services teams – to develop and execute a solution for the client.
- You will develop the initial client plan and pricing strategy that delivers a win-win solution for the client and for Flexport.
- You will develop client roadmaps that include a plan for execution, quantifiable ROI and cost/risk avoidance strategies
- You will have constant opportunities to learn by attending and participating in sales meetings, training seminars and workshops.
Our clients depend on us to manage their experience with high degrees of professionalism and attention to detail. Here are some of the tactical responsibilities for this role:
- You will be responsible for identifying and developing new client relationships and business.
- You will perform sales activities such as scoping the initial opportunity for the prospective client, defining the client’s success criteria, managing the client’s expectations during onboarding, and ensuring successful client outcomes and product and service adoption.
- You will develop collaborative strategic plan(s) reflecting both the customer’s and Flexport’s future visions.
- You will build and document detailed account plans that match Flexport’s supply chain solutions to new clients’ needs.
- You will partner with your Business Development Team, Client Solutions and Supply Chain Management teams to ensure successful client outcomes, and solve escalations when required.
- You will master teaching the Flexport platform and value proposition to prospective clients.
What you will need
- BA/BS degree and minimum
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in quota-carrying sales or account management roles
- Experience closing new business for global accounts with complex supply chains
- A background in logistics, freight forwarding, or supply chain (Required)
Why join Flexport?
Investing your time with Flexport means keeping pace with a rapidly growing business, learning new skills, and seeking opportunities to think from end to end. We appreciate your contributions to making Flexport an amazing place to work and we encourage upwards or lateral movement and transfers that align with current business needs and help Flexport deliver on its mission and unlock the potential in our team members.