At Flexport, we believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make it easy and accessible for everyone. We’re shaping the future of a $8.6T industry with solutions powered by innovative technology and exceptional people. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $19B of merchandise across 112 countries a year.
The recent global supply chain crisis has put Flexport center stage as we continue to play a pivotal role in how goods move around the world. At a valuation of $8 billion, we’re experiencing record growth and are proud to have the support of the best investors in the game who believe in our mission, solutions and people. Ready to tackle global challenges that impact business, society, and the environment? Come join us.
The role of the Supply Chain Ops (SCOps) Specialist is a critical part of making Flexport’s mission to make global trade easy for everyone a reality. In this role, your direct customers are the partners within your region: our client solutions and customs teams, subcontractors, carriers, terminals and trucking providers. Your work directly supports Flexport’s end customers in achieving their logistics goals. Most importantly, you will play a pivotal role in building the next operational model at Flexport: allowing us to effectively scale to achieve our mission of making global trade easier for everyone.
This role is designed to facilitate the movement of shipments while discovering and driving efficiencies that build and improve operations as part of our Global team. You will be responsible for ensuring that all customer shipments are executed according to plan, on time and within budget. As the person who manages movement in your region with laser focus, you have the unique opportunity to help your regional client solutions team spot opportunities to improve and grow our customers’ business. You will drive impact through surfacing new ideas to eliminate waste, improve customer experience or introducing innovative ways of managing a supply chain.
As a supply chain operator, you are an expert in executing the end-to-end movement of shipments within a regional network including Ocean or Air and LCL imports and exports.
- You will be the “front line” in ensuring the highest standard of Flexport quality: shipments move “on-time” and exceptions are handled appropriately. You will be responsible for ensuring your work satisfies internal KPIs and SLAs that demonstrate quality delivery.
- You will test scalable operational infrastructure and procedures to ensure they are delivering the highest levels of efficiency and productivity for your customers and within our new operational model.
You will be placed into either an Ocean or a Network team.
- In Ocean teams you will:
- Seamlessly coordinate day-to-day operations with internal and external partners such as ocean, intermodal and drayage vendors, the customs team and the Network Operations team.
- Execute the movement of ocean freight shipments within a regional network (both imports and exports), including intermodal movements.
- In Network teams you will:
- Seamlessly coordinate the day-to-day supply operations with Air, LCL, Transload, Trucking, and Warehouse activities within your region by working with internal and external stakeholders and customers.
- Execute the end-to-end movement of shipments within a regional network including both Air and LCL imports and exports.
- You will help implement operational infrastructure and procedures in the day-to-day workflow, while constantly identifying and executing on opportunities to realize optimal efficiency and productivity.
- You will empower client solutions by participating in feedback loops to ensure client needs are met.
- You will use metrics to spot opportunities to improve and deliver great performance in your role, including data quality and shipment milestone timeliness.
- You will act as a consultant to your regional team, product & engineering and the operations excellence team on ocean supply chain operations.
What you will need:
- BA/BS Degree or equivalent
- Minimum 0-1 years of work or internship experience and an interest in logistics, freight forwarding, supply chain, ocean carrier operations, or consulting (ocean freight knowledge is a plus)
- Ability to think tactically with strong attention to detail in a high-energy, fast-paced environment
- Experience collaborating effectively in a cross-functional environment working towards a common goal
- A growth mindset and intellectual curiosity to become an expert on international trade with a willingness to work in the nitty gritty of the freight and logistics industry to deliver client results
- Results driven – self-starter who will thrive in an ambiguous environment
- Highly polished communication skills
- You have the courage to challenge the status quo when logic and reason require it. See something broken? Fix it;
Worried about not having any logistics experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why it’s important to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.