Build the infrastructure to scale Flexport
Flexport helps more than 10,000 clients and suppliers lead all aspects of their supply chain operations. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B from investors that include SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator.
With offices on three continents, our team is as global as our client base and we’re excited to continue building a product and service they love. Wherever you are, whichever role you play, you’re guaranteed to share your day with committed, encouraging, and resourceful team members.
We're looking for an Engineering Leader to help develop products that are at the forefront of reshaping the entire logistics & supply chain industries. You’ll work alongside self-starters interested in solving real-world problems and streamlining the inefficiencies in the complex global trade industry. You’ll have the opportunity to reshape an industry by creating the new operating system for global trade.
- Drive infrastructure transformation in a hyper growth company and own the following areas:
- Core infrastructure: Highly scalable, available performant, and secured Production infrastructure to meet enterprise level standards.
- Data platform for scientist and analytic teams
- Developer experience team to drive and push engineering productivity and quality to the next level.
- Service platform to break monolithic to micro services
- Scale and coach Product Infra team
- Bring in and recruit experts into product infra group
- Mentor and coach the team members to the next level
- Align with engineering vision, drive infrastructure roadmap and developer platform, and collaborate across the whole engineering org.l
- Expertly design and own technical solutions for broad or complex requirements with insightful, strategic approaches
- Lead technical decisions on the team and functional area
- Describe, analyze, and convinces others about major technical tradeoffs and decisions
- Help build scalable programs that standardize information flow and increase operational capacity
- Be part of a close-knit engineering team that ships new code every day
You should have:
- 10+ years of technical leadership and management experience
- Strong experience in replatforming and re-architecturing in complicated business domain
- Strong technology expertise and experiences in the following areas
- Data engineering platform
- Developer platform
- Storage technology, RDBMS, No SQL solutions, and event driven architecture
- Infrastructure architecture
- Cloud technology, AWS and GCP
- Bias for constantly learning new technologies; have knowledge of full technical landscape
- Ability to set technical vision for larger projects
- Ability to coordinate internal technical work with outside partnership/external deadlines
- Next-level analytical problem-solving talent
- Experience in a fast-paced work environment & a bias for action. You ship quality code quickly
Our continuous releases are integrated with Buildkite and Github. On the frontend, we create our views with React, manage the flow of data with GraphQL/Relay, and test our application with Jest. On the backend, we’re in the process of decoupling our monolithic Rails app. We have introduced a few network isolated services using other languages, such as Java and Clojure. Our data is persisted in Postgres and Redis. Our stack is hosted on AWS using Docker.
Engineering Culture and Values:
Check out our Key Values profile.
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.