Build a future platform for Global Trade
Flexport helps more than 10,000 clients and suppliers lead all aspects of their supply chain operations. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B from investors that include SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. Only Flexport connects all the parties in global trade – importers, exporters, trucking companies, ocean carriers, airlines, customs agencies, port terminals – through a single, secure cloud-based platform.
The Flexport Makers team is getting started on building a robust platform to deliver flexible, reliable, and scalable solutions that connect consignees, shippers, freight forwarders, ports, carriers, and customs brokers to a single source of truth for global trade. We are constructing a digital view of trade networks, port information, carrier capacities, schedules and shipment activity.
We are looking for a seasoned Product Management leader to lead the opportunity to reshape a whole industry by building the scalable system for global trade. The successful candidate is one who thrives in a fast-paced environment. You seek to dive deep into details on business, operations, and product. You are a technical and detail-oriented leader who can build and grow organizations and other leaders. You act as a leader who can prioritize well, communicate clearly, and have a consistent track record of delivery. You are a positive influencer across diverse teams, able to effectively rally support for your initiatives, and be able to help deeply technical teams create simple solutions to meet your program goals. You have strong judgment. Our leaders have a lot of ownership and autonomy so they need to be right a lot.
- Lead the product management teams for the Flexport Trade platform to design, build, and operate the services.
- Hire and develop product management teams.
- Collaborate with Engineering, Design, Data and Program Management leaders.
- Proactively remove roadblocks, pave the way for innovation and handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
You should have:
- 15+ years of industry experience
- 8+ years of managing product managers
- 4+ years of managing managers
- Experience managing product organizations larger than 50 people while still remaining hands-on
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (related field) or equivalent work experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Engineering Culture and Values:
Check out our Key Values profile.
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.