We are reinventing global trade.
We are looking for an FP&A leader to partner with executives in our North America business. The company transacts with partners around the world with on-the-ground operations teams in San Francisco, Chicago, New York, Atlanta, China, Hong Kong, and Amsterdam. You will be the strategic financial advisor to the Senior Vice President of North America. You will own the development and operational excellence of bookings, revenue management (client and product level) and expense forecast models and partner closely with Operations Excellence and Sales Operations to ensure the financial and operational rigor of the business.
You will play a central role in decisions affecting the go-to-market strategy as we accelerate through an unprecedented phase of growth and success at scale. Your financial and strategic expertise in freight forwarding will enable you to identify and mitigate issues before they arise in order to safeguard the integrity of our financials. As a pivotal partner to the North America business, the clarity, energy and results you deliver will be visible across the Executive team and Finance leadership team. This is a people manager role reporting to the Head of Finance and can be based in San Francisco, Los Angeles, Atlanta, Chicago or New York.
- Serve as the lead FP&A partner to the North America region
- Collaborate closely with the Sales, Operations Excellence and Sales Operations teams to lead and support strategic and financial analyses to address evolving business dynamics
- Provide management with insights into drivers of bookings, revenue, client, product, and expenses, as well as risks and opportunities
- Manage the variance analysis of bookings, revenue, customer and product margin, expenses and headcount by clearly explaining the business reasons for variances and adjusting forecast models as appropriate
- Audit and review financial models to ensure they are both accurate and updated to reflect changing business needs, including their development, improvement and maintenance
- Assist in the development and implementation of tools, systems and processes to support the successful completion of timely and accurate accounting closings and forecasts
- Take a leadership role in the coordination of the various planning and forecasting cycles (annual planning, quarterly/monthly/weekly outlooks)
- Maintain a consistent meeting cadence between key leaders and cross-functional business partners
You should have:
- 10+ years financial analysis experience in freight forwarding company or industry adjacent
- Exceptional leadership skills: coaching, mentoring, running a high performing team
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting, or related experience
- Analytical background working directly in an FP&A, Strategic Finance or Business Operations environment modeling and analyzing bookings, revenue, costs and expenses
- Excellent communication, listening and influencing skills
- Strong command of written and spoken English
- Translation of analytical results into insight and recommending actions to the Executive team
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. Read about three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.