We are reinventing global trade.
Reporting to the Head of Finance, the Head of Corporate FP&A will play a strategic role for forecasting, business planning, management reporting, and business analytics activities. A hands-on yet strategic leader who can oversee the tools and processes to help us scale for the future. He/she will also bring a strong analytical toolset, and proven experience managing the planning activities of a large, complex company. The next evolution of the role is to foster a culture of transparency and accountability for driving profitable growth, and ensure that finance is seen as a value-added business partner. He/she will be a thought leader and have the potential to ascend to more senior roles within the organization.
- Lead a team with responsibilities for the annual and long term plan, forecast, and monthly reporting. In addition, you will be responsible for ad hoc analysis, executive level decks for C-level staff members, and Board of Directors reporting. In this capacity, you will lead and manage results for the P&L, balance sheet, and cash flow statements
- Leverage a sophisticated FP&A infrastructure to translate company specific and external industry data into key strategic insights that drive forward-thinking business decisions.
- Build and maintain financial models throughout the various departments of the organization (LTV, CAC, ROI, TCO)
- Drive continuous improvement of a cohesive global finance function to produce innovation in reporting, planning and analysis
- Manage and participate in the analysis and interpretation of operating results, preparation of executive reports, review of financing activities, and analysis of financial effects of various contemplated actions.
- Provide clear and impactful insight from Flexport’s operating results.
- Work in conjunction with Strategy and Business Development teams on strategic corporate matters, business development initiatives and special projects.
- Build and manage a best-in-class FP&A team
You should have:
- 10+ years of progressive professional experience demonstrating increasing responsibility, scope, and leadership across multiple FP&A functions (Corporate Commercial, Supply, R&D)
- Financial Planning & Analysis experience growing through the ranks of FP&A, with a mix of small and larger organizations to enhance support capabilities (predictive modeling, analytics, etc.).
- Strong Professional and Educational backgrounds Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting or quantitative field required.
- Systems Experience with BI Tools (Adaptive Insights, Looker, Periscope...), and/or SQL is a must
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.