Help streamline client’s customs processes
Flexport is experiencing massive growth with 1,700+ Flexporters across 17 global offices and warehouses. And we’re just getting started. With revenue growing at breakneck speed, Flexport is looking for Global Customs Analysts to join our Customs Team. This is a great opportunity for a recent college graduate looking to launch their career. You'll be working alongside and learning from some of the smartest people in the logistics industry as we challenge the status quo and reduce the friction in global trade.
- Make US Customs entries under US Customs law for high profile clients
- Digitally prepare and file all documentation required for goods to clear US customs
- Maintain up to date knowledge of all regulations and procedures of the US Customs, FDA, USDA and Other Government Agencies (OGA)
- Review and organize incoming documents to ensure compliance with US Customs and OGA reporting requirements
- Provide necessary documents to other government agencies, including but not limited to FDA, FCC and USDA
You should have:
- BA/BS Degree. Brownie points for majors relating to Supply Chain, International Trade, International Business, or Maritime law.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Next-level logistical problem-solving skills
- An obsession with client happiness. You succeed when they succeed.
- Courage to challenge the status quo when logic and reason require it. See something broken? Fix it.
- A mastery of email communication. You keep the inbox at zero.
- High level of computer literacy. No paper. All digital.
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Listen to Ryan, our CEO explain what freight forwarding is and why improving global trade can help to connect the world and break down economic barriers in this Fast Company Freethink Original Series video.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
Investing your time with Flexport means having an immediate impact, all over the world. You’re empowered to do what’s best for everyone and trusted to make the right decisions when and where you need them. Join our collective of entrepreneurs and improve the world’s experience in global trade.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.