The Finance Operations Manager, Accounts Receivable is responsible for overseeing the people, processes, and technology that handle Flexport’s generated income. The Finance Operations Manager, AR will help build a strong foundation for our AR department, so that it can scale with our growing company. This crucial role will collaborate with business partners, product, and our finance team to ensure all money owed to the company is billed and received correctly and in a timely manner. This opportunity has strong upside and will expand in scope with the growth of the company. The position will report to the Head of Finance Operations in Atlanta.
- Develop, maintain, and enforce global invoicing/billing and collections policies and procedures
- Oversee AR and collections related product features proposed by the makers’ org (Product, Engineering and Design) to ensure proper business operations alignment
- Develop training about AR and collections for client-facing sales and operations teams working closely with our clients
- Own write-off tracking and management
- Develop and execute a roadmap for implementing/improving processes and controls to scale the AR function
- Build a global shared services center to handle transactional AR work including ticket triaging, payments tracking, late fee application requests, aging, credit block lifts, and more
- Proactively identify and prevent leakage through problem solving and team coordination
- Partner with the business to create actionable AR metrics that all operations employees can use to monitor their own client balances (e.g. DSO, NWC)
- Monitor credit exposure and performance of AR aging to facilitate proactive management of risks
You should have:
- 7+ years of Finance/Accounting experience
- Proven track record in designing, hiring, and managing a team (bonus points for building a team in a shared services environment)
- A self-starter mindset for enthusiastically driving projects
- Strong attention to detail and excellent follow-through skills
- Passion for streamlining processes
- Ability to adapt to rapid changes typical of a start-up
- Experience identifying and driving improvements to processes by engaging with different functions throughout the company
- Experience with Netsuite a plus
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.