We're looking for a Research Lead to help translate research insights into powerful stories that shift hearts and minds and generate empathy for our customers’ needs among our product team and the broader organization. You will be the first researcher to join our Shenzhen office. If you're a curious person who naturally challenges your own assumptions, enjoys data and flourishes when collaborating with design and cross-functional peers, we’d love to meet you!
- Create a deep understanding and empathy for our customers by planning and executing creative research across the entire customer journey
- Collaborate with our research team in San Francisco and with product, data science, design and business teams to identify research topics, create research plans and manage a research roadmap
- Plan and design creative research, from designing samples and screeners to identifying the best methods to achieve research goals
- Execute the research, including leading multidisciplinary teams in the field and using a variety of methods such as surveys, field research, analogous research, empathetic immersions, diary studies, usability testing (remote and in-person), etc
- Analyze quantitative and qualitative data, synthesize learnings into actionable insights and design principles and identify systems-level patterns and frameworks
- Communicate user stories and make research findings relevant and memorable through a variety of formats (insight decks, photos, videos, experiences, and exhibits) to help sustain an informed and empathetic organization
- Participate in product decisions from definition to launch (and after), working at both a strategic and tactical level
- Help increase the impact of research in the organization through strong advocacy for research
You should have:
- 6+ years of professional design research or UX research experience
- Bachelor in Human-Computer Interaction, Statistics, Sociology, Psychology, Anthropology or related field, or equivalent practical experience
- End-to-end experience with all aspects of research (study design, recruiting, moderation, analysis, storytelling, post-launch metrics collection)
- Excellent communication, presentation, social and analytical skills; the ability to communicate complex concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization
- Experience applying research insights to creative design solutions
- Experience working in highly collaborative design teams, or other multidisciplinary teams that include data scientists
- Fluent in English and Mandarin
- Experience working with remote teams
- Experience hiring, mentoring or managing junior researchers
- Experience conducting statistical analysis
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.