Build the programs to help Flexport Asia grow a cross functional Operations team for Air and Ocean consolidation products
In an effort to manage seamless end to end operations for our customers at competitive costs-levels and transit times, by improving operational efficiency, standardizing operations and reducing cost-to-serve, Flexport recently decided to reorganize its team in charge of service delivery to customers. The responsibility of all operations and day-to-day shipment movement for all Air and Ocean Consolidation shipment (including CFS and trucking operations) will now be led by the newly formed Global Network Operations team. The team will operate globally for excellence, improved processes and technology development and regionally for day the day shipments movements and exception management. The Director of Network Operations APAC will, as a part of the Asia management team and Global Excellence team at the same time, lead the way to an Asian operational excellence (in line with global standards), while staying close to customer expectations and creating a positive customer experience.
- Lead the transformation from different supply teams looking after specific modes of transportation to one integrated team managing end to end Asia export and import processes for all Air and ocean consolidations products.
- Drive local execution, meet local KPI’s and contribution of Asia part to global KPI’s (Transit time/ costs targets) to delight our customers and according to SLA’s with accountmanagement
- Lead implementation of excellence: standardized processes and tooling as prioritized globally
- Drive ongoing productivity improvement to handle consolidated shipments end to end
- Drive Asia Network optimization opportunities and new capability implementation resulting in a lower cost/kg/ additional business development
- Be one of the senior Asia leaders as a part of the Asia management team
You should have:
- BA/BS Degree;
- Min 8 years of prior experience in Logistics, Warehousing, Freight Forwarding, Supply Chain or Consulting;
- Strategic thinking and ground floor execution - no job is too big or too small;
- Process oriented, structure thinker and strong problem solving capabilities
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills in English and Mandarin (preferred)
- An obsession with client happiness. You succeed when they succeed;
- People management skills: the desire to lead, train, and develop up and coming industry talent;
- Courage to challenge the status quo when logic and reason require it. See something broken? Fix it.
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.