Join us to solve real world problems while shaping the future of global trade.
As a result of our global expansion, we're looking to hire a Senior Program Manager - Procurement to join our growing Global Partners Team. This role will work in a cross-functional environment, partnering closely not only with our forwarding and customs partners, but also different teams across the company to achieve our shared goals. You’ll get substantial leadership exposure, focus on the highest priority business issues, and be plugged into every facet of the business.
What you’ll do:
- Build our Global Partner Procurement capability enabling company’s strategic vision
- Lead negotiations with strategic partners independently, delivering savings whilst deepening strategic relationships
- Create innovative partner remuneration models, providing excellent service levels and competitive costs whilst motivating partners to invest in Flexport relationship
- Analyze financial performance of current & future partners globally, providing deep understanding of underlying end-to-end cost
- Establish process & standards to benchmark partner rate cards against market levels and underlying cost-to-serve
- Contribute to the development and implementation of next gen partner software, including (automated) quoting; invoice validation & disputes; identification & remediation of sources of leakage
- Ensure partners operate with a high level of integrity and compliance to global regulatory requirements
- Build and lead a high performing team based in Singapore
What you’ll need:
- BA/BS degree with 8-12 years of experience in (strategic) procurement, finance, consulting; ideally part of which in logistics or supply chain;
- Excellent negotiation skills with track record of negotiating win/win outcomes;
- Exceptional (financial) analysis skills;
- A system and process oriented mindset, ability to think end-to-end;
- Ability to influence cross-functional stakeholders without authority;
- A strong performance record of living our values;
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills;
- Strategic vision and ground floor execution; execute end to end with world class follow through;
- Ability to lead and direct the work of others;
- Ability to travel locally, nationally and internationally;
- Courage to challenge the status quo when logic and reason require it. See something broken? Fix it.