Build the programs to help Flexport grow
Flexport is a platform for global trade in an industry that comprises 12% of the global GDP. We are the first licensed freight forwarder and customs brokerage built around a modern tech stack. We help the world's fastest-growing brands manage their international supply chains, providing a fully-managed service for moving products between any two places on the planet.
Exceptional software development is integral in allowing us to fulfill our mission of fixing the user experience in global trade. At Flexport you’ll develop products that are at the forefront of reshaping the entire logistics & supply chain industries. You’ll work alongside self-starters interested in solving real-world problems and streamlining the inefficiencies in the complex global trade industry. You’ll have the opportunity to reshape an industry by creating the new operating system for global trade.
The Bellevue Makers organization is responsible for building services and technology that enable better visibility of freight movement across the supply chain and help the finance and operation organizations to reduce costs through “hands off the wheel” solutions. The role involves developing and leveraging algorithms, optimization models, and analytical approaches to build software that enables better business decisions and delivers innovative solutions within the supply chain network.
We are looking for makers who love learning, are passionate about collaborating, and desire to build solutions with a global impact. This role will be located in Bellevue, WA.
- Be trusted to take point on complex product initiatives and run them to completion with minimal supervision.
- Design flexible, maintainable code.
- Safeguard code quality on their team, reviewing others’ code with an eye to performance and maintainability.
- Help build scalable programs that standardize information flow and increase operational capacity.
- Be part of a close-knit engineering team that ships new code every day.
You should have:
- 2 or more years' professional experience in software development
- Knowledge of at least one programming language such as Ruby, C, C++, Java, or Kotlin
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem-solving, and complexity analysis
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Understanding the supply chain business domain and the competitive landscape; holistically thinking about the business
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
- A product-first approach to building software. You care about the real-world functionality of your programming.
Engineering Culture and Values:
- Check out our Key Values profile.
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.