Build and support the systems, tools, and infrastructure to help Flexport grow.
Flexport IT is looking for an extraordinary IT Asset and Procurement Analyst I who is passionate about providing an amazing customer experience and delivering world-class support. Our team works cross functionally with our partners in Engineering Operations, Security, IT Support, and other teams to coordinate work, handle ticket escalations and resolve issues. We on-board new employees, provision new hardware, provide hands-on support and adhere to security standards for all Flexport employees. Ultimately we are responsible for supporting Flexport around the world, in over 15 facilities in 9 different countries.
You will act as the primary contact for the daily activities of technology purchasing for our global IT organization, this includes purchasing IT hardware and peripherals, managing orders, handling inventory, and assist in budget tracking. You love organization, and have a keen eye for details You think strategically, act proactively, and always look for a way to improve the purchasing and inventory process. You understand that procurement doesn’t just end once the PO goes out to the vendor, it’s inclusive of the entire process until the asset leaves the company.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for direct IT purchases and inventory management at our SF based HQ (procurement, receiving, decom, elimination)
- Assist with tracking spending, managing and monitoring hardware and software delivery
- Work with global IT to track purchases and manage global inventory
- Maintain and manage peripheral and hardware stocking levels for our SFHQ.
- Create purchase orders and manage the procurement process end to end
- Act as the point of contact for our global IT vendors, subcontractors and 3rd party providers
- Resolve problems in a timely manner or escalate on behalf of customers to IT Leadership
- Assist with IT projects and deliverables for the team
You should have:
- 1-2 years experience in IT working in a professional environment
- 1 year of experience purchasing and being a part of the IT asset management lifecycle
- Experience managing a multiple orders across a variety of vendors
- Strong customer service, problem solving and teamwork abilities
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience organizing inventory spaces, performing cycle counts, and regular physical inventories
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.